Smog from exhaust

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Harri, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Hello, a quick question for the forum. This morning after just starting the car about 5 mins into my trip to work I put my foot down a bit to get by a cyclist. I looked in rear view to see a whitish cloud from car. This was the coolest morning I have driven it on at 14 degrees. Wondered if the coolness of outside and the engine not being totally warm could do this. Is anyone else getting this, is it normal as when the car is warm absolutely nothing comes out.

Thanks for any help!:cool:

2. Most probably condensation as you mention

3. Thanks mate. Had we a little worried at first! Now just to worry about the rest of the bits to do e.g. rear brakes, injectors, mounts and linkages:eek:

4. if it was blueish smoke then you start to worry haha

5. Check your dipstick and underside of your oil filler cap just to be sure.

Hopefully just condensation but there is always the possibility of a bad head gasket...not sure if it is common on these cars but I have seen it on other cars.

6. Theese exhaust seem to get a good amount of water in it has happened on mine once or twice usually in winter though

7. Its not HGF. Too little in the way of symptoms.

Its condensation.

8. As above, water in the exhaust being blown out. Happens to mine after the wife has been driving it for a few days then I get back in it and blast up the slip road!

Paul

9. Thanks alot guys for all the tips and advice. Got some new bits on way to change so will give her a good look over for any other niggles!