SIMONS sports exhaust system, Made in Sweden ;)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by MeganeR.S, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Hello guys!

I have a little tip for you that is searching for cheap(er) sports exhausts to the R.S 250/265, the Simons exhaust is around 423 EUR.
    Here is the link to the web shop, http://atechmotor.com/renault/megane-rs/avgassystem/simons-3-bakre-avgassystem/

And to the company who makes the exhausts http://www.simons.se/NH/katalog.htm

Please note! This is no ad what so ever, I have nothing to do with these two companies, it is just a tip from a RS lover to the forum. :smile:
    If anybody thinks this is in the wrong part of the forum, then please move it :smile:

2. hmmmmm looks like they have one for the R26/225 as well.... I wonder if anyone has tried one?
    ..... Actually no they dont , dont think their Megane 2 one is for the RS.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  3. They might make one for the 225/230 if you ask ;-)

4. I have not tried it myself yet, but i am planning to do that in near future :smile: i can put a clip up when i have bought and installed it :smile:

5. I doubt that'll sound much different to standard even though its 3" with it still having the centre box...Im probably wrong though lol

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It will probably be a bit louder as it should be more free flowing with it being 3inch pipework

7. A video clip would be awesome!

8. you can actually buy it without center box :wink:

9. now the order is made, they told me to expect it very soon.

i saw that you can buy it from the UK also, http://www.jetex.co.uk/

i will upload a video when it is mounted, i will try with and without the rear silencer :wink:

10. Hi guys! here is a picture of the full system!

It only took 2 days of delivery to get it but i have not had the time to mount it yet, as i have been busy with me mates Skyline R32 GTR which has received a full plasti dip paint job :wink:

Here is a picture of the final Plasti dip result. :smile:

Attached Files:

11. I know this thread is couple of years old, but as i found out just now that the Simons is making the exhaust for Meg`s also, i did the search on the forum and found the thread. As ive done the mid box chop and decat, i feel like the exhaust noise is too loud for everyday use. So my plan is to either buy some aftermarket exhaust, add sport catalytic under the car or add one resonator under the car. But as the Simons exhaust prices are really good, i think im going to look for that option. About the experiences, i have some experience with that company and i have to say that the quality is really great, especially compared with the prices. Ive used Simons 3" catback exhaust under my B5 S4, cruising and idle sound was as quiet as stock, but it was making noise when flooring, so exactly what it should be. And ive also changed out my VW CC R36 rear mufflers with the Simons universal ones, and it made the VR6 engine noise really good also. So anyone who wants to get the noise quieter with the great flowing exhaust, Simons is one option to go for!