Silicone Intercooler Hose Mk3

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by BillyA, Feb 28, 2021.

1. I watched this french dude on YouTube fit a silicone intercooler intake hose

He’s got lots of Meg vids - also an excellent one showing how to take off the Cat. I had not seen this lower silicone hose for sale in the UK so ordered the top and bottom set from CLM Racing and fitted them. I was a bit worried about shipping from France with Brexit but amazingly they arrived the next morning. The hoses are not cheap, but perfect sizing and really well made. It’s another link in the chain ready for bigger power. Came with jubilee clips too. Here’s some pics and also shows some heat reflective wrapping on the metal pipe which I did at the same time:
    upload_2021-2-28_20-43-20.jpeg

upload_2021-2-28_20-43-51.jpeg

you can see that the intercooler pipe has a specific fitting for the intercooler inlet, but it is just held into the original rubber hose by a steel band which can be dremelled off really easily and then the jubilee clip is used to hold it in place on the new silicone hose:
    upload_2021-2-28_20-44-42.jpeg

upload_2021-2-28_20-45-12.jpeg

upload_2021-2-28_20-47-37.jpeg

The placebo effect is great! it definitely goes faster :smile:. In reality I think it might hold onto boost more consistently into high revs, but that could just be in my head too. Anyway, another job done and I can defo recommend CLM for this hose.

2. its shame no one in UK supplies that FMIC hose been looking all over