R26 Silicone boost hose

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dale1uk, Sep 1, 2017.

1. I'm planning on removing my Forge dump valve from my R26 and replacing it with an uprated recirc valve. Obviously I'm going to need to fit a straight boost hose to replace the tee'd hose that's on there, does anyone know what size I need? I know Forge sell a straight hose but it's around £37 compared to less than £10 for a regular silicone straight reducer.

So if anyone knows what size (throttle body and boost pipe diameters) or has a link to a cheaper pipe than the Forge one that would be great.

Cheers

2. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

You can just fit a metal bung/plug into the spout for the dump valve, twist the hose around and would never know it was there

Mikey4410 likes this.
  3. Yeah, but then I couldn't sell the complete Forge dump valve set up on to cover the costs of replacing it with a recirc valve

4. @caymanr26 Do you know what size bung i would need for the T piece

5. Only option is the Forge one bud as i tried everywhere to find the same piece of pipe and no joy.
    The pipe is reduced as the throttle body opening is larger than the intercooler pipe.
    You can get silicone reducer pipes but there not long enough for what you need which is 200mm if i remember right

6. Thanks, getting one long enough was the issue I had. Longest I could find was 125mm. Oh well, a Forge one it is