R26 Siemens injectors with remap?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by wardyworld, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hi - am getting all the bits together for my rs tuning remap. I've got a ktec induction kit (for the noise), a forge recirc, silicone induction hoses, a quick shift and will be speaking to track focus direct for an airtec intercooler. Car already has a ktec cat back exhaust.

Question is, should I take the opportunity to get Siemens injectors fitted and mapped in? Original injectors still on car, never been cleaned and on 60k so not sure... Also anything else I should be doing? Need a safe, reliable map and supporting mods as its my daily driver.

Cheers,

Wardyworld

2. I would otherwise if you decide to upgrade the injectors at a later date it's gonna be another re-map.
    Lee

3. Thanks Lee, that's what I was swaying towards - injectors it is!

4. Decat.
    wish I had fitted mine ages ago now.

5. I take it the decat alone makes a huge difference to how the car drives then? I dont think i'd do a decat, but would like to know if a 200 cell cat achieves the same levels of extra "drivability"

6. It makes it more responsive , pulls harder and harder in my experience.

7. How much are you looking for uprated injectors, and which ones are the ones worth having if thinking about upgrading?

8. £200+vat. Siemens Deka 630 shorts.

Need mapping in

9. Available on ebay for less than £200 delivered a lot less if you dont mind ordering from the states and waiting a couple of weeks.

10. I would want a matched set.

Also just be aware of any potential import costs.

20% vat + 10% duty + handling fee.

11. They are Flow matched and if brought from Uk there is no added fees not even delivery.

12. Very good if they are flow matched and referring to the import ones of the states with the import costs.

13. nice let us know how you get on. im thinking of injectors aswell before my remap

14. Im hoping to get 320 bhp and Ibft,maybe squeeze a bit more depending on what happens on the rollers.

15. You have the td04 15t fitted dont you James ?

You should easily get 320ibft. Mine was pegged back at 325ibft.

16. Yes mate.
    Think its virtually the same as yours really bar the branding.
    I've only got the green spring in the Forge actuator but it feels strong enough to me so gonna leave it in.

17. Should be fine.

18. Ok guys, that's really helpful. Thanks

19. I need to find a td0415t turbo! Need that extra power without forging it and going all out :worried:

20. Quick Update - I'm booked in with RS Tuning in march - decided against Injectors as I have no decat or Sports Cat. I'll get all the parts I have fitted by RS Tuning and then see what she makes. Plan is to enjoy it over Summer and then I'll see about a sports Cat and injectors. After that I understand its big money for more gains (forged engine, hybrid turbo, etc.). I would like to get to 280+ bhp though (mate has a Subaru and if I get more power than him he will not be pleased!)

21. You dont need to forge unless running big torque. I am on 325ibft on standard internals.

22. Oh ok, I was under the impression 300 was the max without forging... do you mind me asking what have you done above the level i'll be at (intercooler, forge re-circ, silicone air pipes, ktec induction kit)?

23. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

He's got a 250 Turbo, injectors, rst exhaust, decat, induction kit, FMIC.

24. The turbo makes a big difference.
    I wouldn't bother with the Airtec intercooler. For the same money you can have a 250 turbo and an ebay Intercooler which would be a lot more powerful.

25. What he said I have.

26. Agreed , unless chasing every last pound of torque

27. Cheers for the input guys - so really next options if I'm not happy with the power would be a 250 turbo or hybrid, plus injectors and a 200 cell sports cat (I don't want a decat) - hopefully that will get me close to 300/300 which is enough for me I think!

28. Sounds about right that. I wouldnt go for a hybrid as you wont gain the most out of it .

29. Cheers, I have a plan now - much appreciated!