Should I be worried? - V5 document

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by edddurrant, May 23, 2014.

1. Just got my V5 through and was very pleased until i saw the amount of previous owners............. 11!
    Its an 05 plate and that was double what I was expecting, i have to say I have a very sick feeling as I haven't even driven the car besides the day i brought it and i am about to spend £600 to get the belts done plus tax at the end of the month and i am wondering now if this car is gunna be extremely problematic hence the previous ownership.

Reassurance please guys!!

2. It wouldn't put me off as long as it drives fine and don't have 2 many issues itl be fine. And the fact ur havin the belts ect done is even better for a peace of mind

3. Yeah it is in mint condition and the guy before has looked after it really well, it just came as a bit of a shock to be honest, I've done a bit of reading and a lot of people saying it can be quite common with hot hatches as people don't realise how expensive the fuel tax insurance can be

4. 9 years and 11 owners. Not bad. Mine was 2 years 10 months old when I bought it. I am 3rd owner. It seems to be quite normal. Don't worry.

5. Bought a car without knowing how many previous owners it has had?

Should probably have checked beforehand..

6. If its been looked after then I can't see any problem. I'd rather have a car with 11 careful owners than one abusive owner

7. very true, people tend to stop looking after things after owning them for more than a year so maybe it isn't a bad thing