Should a Megane have a service book or is it digital?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Si_manRS, Jul 3, 2019.

1. New to the forum! Buying a 275 trophy 2015 and been told it doesn’t have a service book, all receipts are present and the servicing is digital? It’s been serviced by independents too. Is this right? It’s a top spec car but I wouldn’t normally buy a car without a fully stamped book (mainly for resale). It’s at an independent dealer.

Thanks in advance!

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's in the manual

3. Is it right to be serviced by independents? Why would it be wrong?

4. Sorry, I should clarify. Seller is saying that megane’s don’t have service books- that they are digital and the service book isn't present (or I’m assuming the manual if that’s where the stamps go).

I know some brands- like Land Rover, have done this now, but independent services won’t be on any digital Renault system so I just wanted to know if a buyer would expect a service book. Don’t want to be stung when coming to re sell. Hope that makes sense.

5. There's no separate service book. It gets stamped in the section towards the back of the owners manual. If it's got all the receipts I wouldn't be too worried about it. At the end of the day it's a Renault not a Ferrari.

6. Great stuff, thanks!

7. Now purchased!

Chuffed to bits.

Full Trophy spec/ cup pack
    Recaros
    Ohlins
    Akrapovik
    Pilot sport cup 2’s

Immaculate condition. Can’t wait to collect now!!

Mikeyjp likes this.
  8. Ps turned out it did have all its stamps in the owners manual- garage hadn’t spotted them!

imprezaworks likes this.