Short Shifter - Megane R26 F1

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ojinks, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Hi all,

I know there's a lot of historic chat over this topic, but I was wondering if anyone has had any recent luck.

I know andrewjeffs is no longer doing the shifters, and I rang K-Tec today and was told they've discontinued their short shift kit. There's still the engine dynamics one but I've not heard great things about it...

What's the go to now? Is there anything like the andrewjeffs/K-Tec one still about? It's one of the few things I just can't get on with in my car..

Cheers,
    Oscar

2. Pretty sure I got mine through Phil Watkins, though not sure he still does them or not, try dropping him a pm.

3. As far as I know, Phil Watkins doesn't continue making them. Some time ago I talked with him via instagram or similar and told me so. I think he gave me some sort of a guide to do it myself but the link was broken or the images were missing. I don't quite remember.

I'm also interested in getting one shifter for mine but I almost lost the hope on finding one haha.

4. I have one that i'm taking off in a month (swapping to ZPO in the future).
    If you're interested send me a PM.

5. I keep looking at the ZPO type shifters. Does the ZPO also work with a short shift actuator or does it work best with a standard gear actuator? I assumed it would just work with my short shift?
    I do have a spare standard shift gear actuator that works fine but to that does need the bush drilled back out of to 10mm to free up the self centering, but could be fitted while you get yours machined?

6. I have one of Phil Watkins' short shifters sitting in my garage, never got round to installing it before I sold the car :persevere:

It's all ready to go with instructions. PM me if you're interested before I put it in the For Sale section.

7. Do you still have it? I'd e interested

8. very interested as I’m in NZ and parts are impossible at times lol