175 DCI short shift modification

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ianplymouth, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Going to start this thread and update when i get it done.
    This is a picture of the gear linkage on the Megane DCi 175

[​IMG]

2. Looking forward to this buddy. :sunglasses:

3. Okay so now i have had a chance to get to do this mod.
    I ordered these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-10mm-B...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

First mark a point 20 mm from the original ball, pilot drill a hole on your mark, i used a 2.5mm drill bit.
    [​IMG]

Just double check the measurement and then drill to the tapping size of the thread, there are 6mm studs available but i went for 8mm as it should be stronger.

[​IMG]

then tap the hole, then screw in the ball stud, i put a lock nut on the bottom, but i think it might be a bit tight to do with the gearbox in place, so if it isn't possible to put a nut on then use a thread lock glue.

the end result
    [​IMG]

I think this would be the same for the Mk3's as it is the same gearbox

4. So easy on the mk3’s!

5. Looks awesome, well done buddy.

Are the gearboxes the same? I know they are both PK4 boxes, but the mk2 dci is a 013 code, the Mk3 rs boxes are 018 and 019.

Not that it’s relevant for this mod but are they geared the same? Assume not.

6. All the PK4 variants from 001 up to 022 have the same ratios for 1st, 2nd and third gears thereafter ratios become differents.
    I have a table of all variants availble but cannot download it as i do not have photbucket or similar accounts.
    If somebody with a photobucket accounts give me their email address i could sent it and they could post it on here as a sticky.

7. Sent you a message buddy.

8. replied and email sent, many thanks