275 Shift Change Light

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by OiNK, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Hi,

I have recently changed from a 265 cup to a 275 cup-s and one thing that I find a little irritating is that, in the 265 cup the shift change light only ever flashed on just before the limiter cut in.

In the 275, the shift change light comes on for both up and down changes and it comes on at 2 and 3k rpm, basically it is lighting up for economical driving and gear changes. Is there anyway to disable this, or turn it off even via the RSMonitor?

2. Anyone? :confused:

3. my 275 Cup-S also behaves the same. I don't have RS Monitor and am sure therefore it's set that way, and just the beep 500 rpm before redline.

4. Doesn't change when you put it in sports mode?

5. Unless I've missed something for the last year and half, there is no shift light on a 275.

There is a 'best gear' indicator light (both up and down) which is intended as you say for economy, and I know this as it works exactly the same as the wife's Clio dci which is obviously tuned towards efficiency.

TBH, the beep is pointless, as on WOT you hit the limiter just as you've registered the beep so it doesn't stop you hitting the limiter. The engine note gives no notice of the impending limit.

6. The shift light comes on and flashes green with the pre-limiter beep.

7. Yes this is what I mean....the economical gear change up and down light....is there any way to disable that?

8. No there's not.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. How shit is that! Doesn't do it at all on my 265

10. It was introduced later on. The flashing Eco green lollipop.

11. Smart....put an eco gear change light in a performance car...

hooverphonique likes this.
  12. Yeah.

I think this just start with a copy of the boggo Megane software and only remove things they absolutely have too. To be honest, when 'on it', I'm usually watching the road too much to even notice the lights, which is the point of the beep entirely I guess.

You could always stick a bit of black tape over the lights mate.... :tonguewink:

13. It's so that potential buyers can impress their wives during the test drive: "Oh darling, just look how economical this hatchback is!"

Xanda73 likes this.