ShaneBe's RS275 Trophy

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by ShaneBe, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I thought I was start a build thread of my new trophy I picked up this weekend.

Coming from Hondas (k20 ek9, b18c ek9, DC2) I have finally made the leap to a 275 trophy.

I must have spent 3 months constantly searching and posting looking for a trophy, finally one come up or sale in Edingburgh so I made the drive (I live in mk...)

Currently the car is standard with akra exhaust apart from a set of grams springs, I was only after a standard one just so I can see the potential and really what the car is about.

First thought are my god I honestly didn't think the handling and grip would come close to a Honda but it really smashes it out of the water, the trophy is absolutely incredible.

Plans are:

New discs and pads for track
    Trophy decals (being fit this weekend)
    New tyres
    Stage 2 eventually
    Track days and more track days

As I'm new to the scene it would be great for some advice on parts things to keep on top of etc.

(I will be spamming this thread with lots of pictures)

Car when I first picked it up

received-4072330146122268.jpg
    received-465054411595977.jpg free image upload

Sunstip has been removed

manugtt, aaa and Poppaboost like this.
  2. Looks really nice Shane, I do like them in white.

3. Looks very clean, which decals have you gone for?

4. Thanks mate.

Just the standard stripes and door trophy ones

5. Thanks mate!

It was between yellow or white for me

6. Genuine ones or aftermarket?

7. Genuine

8. How much did get them for? could do with some for mine

9. They came with the car so I'm not sure tbh but I've heard they are pretty steep

10. Welcome! Nice one have you there man, looks perfect! I have the Grams springs on mind, would you show a pic of one side? Just for check how much drop down. Anyway, I wait a lot of pics with the progress!
    Enjoy it!

11. Thanks!

The grams springs are great and give it the perfect ride height!

I'm giving the car a clean on the weekend and I'll get some more photos and a side shot for you then

manugtt likes this.
  12. So I gave the car a little clean on the weekend and finally got round to fitting trophy stickers and wind deflectors, I know the wind deflectors aren't to everyone's taste but having always owned hondas they are a must for me still!

Parts being delivered this week:
    ITG intake
    Rear wiper delete
    Maxton spoiler extension (I might see how it looks and may be up for sale as I'm not 100% on the idea yet)

Future plans over the next couple of months:

CGR decat - or if anyone can recommend anything else?
    Wagner intercooler
    Stage 1 or 2 map ( where is the best places ideally near Milton Keynes)

IMG_20210321_170050_161.jpg IMG_20210321_170050_175.jpg 20210322_124230.jpg 20210322_124304.jpg

13. Really nice car white and black wheels does it for me, Enjoy and looking forward to see the progress

14. I got this from fabworx on eBay, awesome quality, and way cheaper than rivals, or decat version for £130.

Attached Files:

15. The options for remapping are EFI Parts, RSTuning and Engine Dynamics. All are 2 or so hours away from yourself. There's no reputable remapper in the midlands area that I know of.

In my opinion Chris at EFI is the best in the business. Top bloke, extremely knowledgeable and you have 100% of his time during your booking duration. Well worth the trip.

16. EFI all way

17. I might look into efi! All I keep hearing about is rs tuning?

What sort of prices am I looking at with efi?

18. Awesome! I´m not very fun of sticker, but must to say it look great with them.
    About remap, I´m not english so no idea, but my advice is every mille and minute of trip worth for a good remap. Here in Spain, I went 400km. away for my remap.

ShaneBe likes this.
  19. I’ve got my 275 booked in at EFI, only heard good things.

20. Let me know how it is! When is it booked in for?

21. May the 8th I think.

ShaneBe likes this.
  22. ITG intake just arrived :grin:
    20210323_171922.jpg

Vulcan3 likes this.
  23. £349 for stage 1/2 at EFI. From memory he might also be the cheapest out of the 3, but honestly I just went there because of the overwhelmingly positive feedback everyone in the community has to say about Chris, and it turns out they are spot on.

You will love it. Mine is an absolute animal with a remap. It just fucks off down the road. No other way of putting it! :sunglasses:

I got to choose if I wanted the RS button to toggle the power like it does from factory, or if I wanted the new map active in all modes. I opted for the latter so now my RS button just changes the traction control and throttle response. Plus it saves me pressing it every time I get in the car!

24. That's not to bad at all!!

EFI is 100% going to be something I'll look into later in the year.

I'm booking a track day at Silverstone for May :hearteyes:

25. Was at EFI last Tuesday, top bloke you pay for his time and you get that time, a certain other one mentioned sat in my car a total of 30 ish minutes, was on the rollers for 4 1/2 hrs and more expensive than Chris, i know where i would spend my money.
    He's only 5 1/2 hrs away from me :laughing::laughing::laughing:

26. Hi @ShaneBe your car looks mega.. looks excellent with the stickers added. I recently put a maxton lip spoiler on my trophy the (carbon) effect one. I was a bit like yourself wasn't sure of the spoiler but I think it looks brilliant now its on. 20210321_155246.jpg 20210321_155246.jpg IMG-20210321-WA0139.jpg 20210222_140750.jpg 20210222_140753.jpg 20210321_154546.jpg

Attached Files:

manugtt and ShaneBe like this.
  27. That LY looks amazing! I wanted one before I picked up my white trophy!

Do you have any closer pictures of the carbon quality etc? As I've ordered the carbon one and I'm not 100% sure

It does look really good!

Christopher carenduff likes this.
  28. Thanks @ShaneBe yeah I was wanting a megane for a couple of years and nearly bought my friends meg 250 cup last May but was still off work due to pandemic and played it safe.. glad now tho because this trophy came up in October for good money and only had 38k on it on autotrader and I jumped on it right away. Il get a few close up pics for you tomorrow after work . The carbon does look good.

29. @ShaneBe white looks fab in the 275 trophy.

30. Nice! Mines on 45k at the moment. I was searching for about 3 - 5 months for one to come up and all I could find was black tropyhs which I didn't fancy, so as soon as this one came up I jumped in the car and went and picked it up haha

It does :grimacing:

31. These trohpys look insane.. make me want to sell my r26 for one haha

32. They do look awesome! I can't wait to get it on the track!

33. Yeah I was first to call the Honda dealership to put a deposit down they had only put the advert on autotrader half an hour when I called
    . Salesmen said when he called me back that night 8 people in the one day tried to buy the car and 13 people from the sat - the Tuesday when I picked it up so was lucky. They don't seem to come up that often. My car has 41k on it now.

ShaneBe likes this.
  34. Only colour I'd ever have

35. Really nice the white @BLADESBLOOD . I had my heart set on a liquid yellow as i kind of always wanted a liquid yellow clio 197/200 after i got the albi blue 197.

36. Hi mate sorry for late photos. Every time I got home from work was dark lol. This is it in the daylight the carbon effect spoiler up close 20210325_164617.jpg 20210325_164610.jpg

ShaneBe likes this.
  37. Mine got delivered yesterday, just haven't opened the box yet! Is it easy to fit and line up?

Might fit it and see how I feel about then

38. Yeah mate all the instructions are there how to fit it. Basically line it up using tape at each side wasn't bad at all. I think it is a nice mod no madness lol. Am sure if you fit it and don't like it then you could sell it on no probs.

ShaneBe likes this.
  39. Fitted the maxton spoiler extention and my ITG intake today.

What a pain the arse fitting the itg was.. that battery tray!!

Love the sound on the itg and the maxton looks incredible!

I'll get some photos tomorrow.

Silverstone grand prix curcuit booked for May I can't wait!

40. Yeah mate be good to see the pics. Upload a vid of how the itg sounds if you can. Cant wait for a trackday.. gonna be mental booking them as everyone will be wanting to do one