250 Shaking/vibrating on startup

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by CCowan91, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Okay so I've noticed evertime I start my car, cold or warm it feels like shaking coming from the engine and I hear some clunks or knocks. This only lasts 5-10 seconds at the most and settles. After that it runs smooth as a nut..

It feels like the car is struggling a bit on startup, sometimes the revs fluctuate a tiny bit on the counter.

Any ideas? Car is getting plugs changed Thursday probably as they had to be ordered in for me, could this be a possible cause?

2. Could be a lot of things, have you hooked it up to a clip/diagnostic to see if it's throwing up any faults,could be cold start sensor, change your plugs and see how it goes from there, I read somewhere that the coils can pack up too

3. No fault codes showing. It's just had a timing belt and dephaser pulley change less than a week ago. It was doing it before this, although this seems to have improved it.

I'm dropping the car in this week so will get them to really check it out for me. I definitely have a loose Heatshield somewhere, hear that sort of rattle everytime I press the gas. Could be this I'm hearing knocking but I'm not convinced.

I'll ask them to check the mounts etc. Heard that's quite common also.