Service due in 20 days

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Andy P, May 29, 2015.

1. Seems universally agreed on my face lift 265 CUP S/S.
    After 11 months and 5000 miles no service due.

It will mean I will drop back into the normal 12500 or two years. So likely two years then.

No problem.

OH but I still have the SERVICE DUE in 20 days on the display.

It will not reset on the buttons.
    Is it a dealer visit to reset this [seems it must have been set up on the PDI]
    Cheers Andy

2. Did we not cover this already?

It's 12 months or 12,000 miles. You're not due on the miles so it should be done at 12 months old, irrespective of the fact you've only done 5,000 miles.

Looked at another way, if you did 25,000 miles a year, you would have to service the car at 6 months old.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. Yes we have covered it. Now been told service NOT needed as it is 12,500 or two years.
    [Also BY RUK on the renno sport Forum.]

[I just wanted rid of the message which no matter what I do will not reset.]

Just found out this afternoon:-

BUT on contacting dealer I have now to STILL book it in as this 'Service in 30/20 days' is an error and Clio's have been getting it too.
    It is a fault at the Factory when being programmed not supplying dealer it cannot they said be deleted. It is inbuilt?

They will need it in to interogate car reset it and reset Service intervals for as per normal.

So saga drags on.
    Apologies if it got boring.

Cheers Andy

4. In my understanding it's 12 months or 12k miles whichever is soonest. So if you did 500 miles you should still service it.

5. Yes so according to your document, if you have the interim service done at 12 months, then the 'proper' service is due at two years/25,000 miles.

But the car still needs servicing at 12 months/12,000 miles. This is what your car is telling you it needs. The only reason it says optional is that the interim service is optional to the warranty T&C being meet. The service itself it's optional.

That's how I understand it anyway.

6. That was how I read it too.
    An 'optional service' at 1 year or 12500 miles] Then after 25k or two years whichever is sooner Full Renno service it says

Problem is trying to book one as no dealers recognised it [4 out of 4] and we ended up with strong discussions. They only wanted to do a FULL renno service
    Would not recognise the paperwork either. Finally SJ Cook recognised an Interim service and oil and filter change. £89. Brilliant.
    Now that guy has left Tuesday. Service manager gave me the update as above. It is a display fault.

They all interrogated Renno with Reg and VIN and decreed 12,500 or two years whichever first. No interim.

[You are correct not needed for warranty and the FREE 4 year plan does not allow you to have an interim either. Only the 12.500 two Years]

Cheers Andy

7. Service is definitely 12,500 miles or 2 years.

8. I thought I had sorted this but my Document and in car display said different.
    So on what you say [and all the dealers]

I am back to a display fault then?

Do not mind either way. For £89 [tho I can do it cheaper!!]

9. [​IMG]
    This is what my 265 says. Obviously I've done the 3000 odd miles difference.

And mine just said 'service due soon' as I was approaching 12500.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  10. Very interesting then.
    I have been on there and found a folder called SERVICE INTERVALS opened it and found this. Swear it was not there before update. Still got the old message though. Different to yours. It looks same as on my 250.

Some piccys:-
    WP_20150529_001.jpg WP_20150529_004.jpg WP_20150529_003.jpg

11. Ive had this argument with renault uk

the pre-facelift 265's had every 2 years or 12,500 miles
    post facelift is every year (as per online brochures etc)

i argued with renault for weeks over it because if i do 6000 miles a year i only get a service every 2 years, fuck that.

They couldnt understand, same engine different service rules. The funniest response i had was 'we are continually revising our service schedules for the optimum performance of the car' ie you changed it from 2 years to 1 year - so im missing out

in the end they paid me for 2 services so effectively i will have 4 over the 4 years, sorted

12. Service aside and purely looking at engine oils and the internal combustion engine and if you have any thoughts of prolonging your engine life the very idea of asking an engine to cover 12,000 miles on the same 5 litres is preposterous, there's not a single oil, as good as modern oils are today, that won't be substantial out of its share value at that mileage.

Long story short, change your oil at 5000 mile intervals, just the closed loop engine breathing system alone pushes enough gunk back into the intake to warrant oil change at 1k.

13. Hi Matty.
    Thanks for your feedback. Thought it was me getting all the confused info from Renno and the dealers.

This is what I have got back from Renno UK when I asked for the last word.

From what I understand, it needs a service at 12,500 miles or at 2 years old according to that document you have sent to me.
    The 1 year old service as optional and is a simple oil and filter change. This won't be covered under 4+ but if you feel you want to have the oil and filter changed then you are free to do so. Not doing so won't void any warranties.
    Your vehicle will be telling you that there is the optional service due as it knows how old it is and roughly how many miles you cover per month, so it will be a rough calculation.
    You're saying that the dealers you've been to aren't aware of the optional service?

Cheers Andy

14. So just to absolutely clarify this, Meg' RS 265 oil/filter is 12.500 K/1 year, ( earlier if you wish), I ask cos' I've just had the "service due in 20 days" message pop up @ 4800miles.

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Should be getting done once a year regardless IMO.

16. Mine is 2yrs or 12,500 whichever is sooner
    renault then changed it on the facelift to 1 year or 12,500

so I made Renault pay me for the 2 services I would miss under my 4+ package