Service before sale - or not?

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by BillS, Mar 9, 2019.

1. I have decided to sell my 2010 Megane RS 250 Cup due to lack of use. It could do with an oil service and new pads on the rear, but the question I have is - is it worth it? As the car has mainly been used on track days it has Fuchs Race Po S in it and DS 2500s in the rear and I'm just thinking that a new owner may want different oil/pads etc depending if they intend to track it or not. Obviously the price would be adjusted to reflect.....

2. If I was buying a car I’d do it myself just down to my own OCD, but it would depend on the buyer in all honesty

3. Yeah it’s hardly a deal breaker. As long as you mention it in the ad and maybe offer to change the bits if required, no genuine buyer would be bothered

4. How much will the car be? Miles?

5. Looking for £10k Ono. It has 48k miles. Have placed ad on here now with more info and pics.

imprezaworks likes this.
  6. I’d do the oil change and put some OEM pads in. If a cars seevice history isn’t up to date some might wonder what else needs changed. Puts minds at ease.

7. It won't do it no harm. One less thing for people to complain about knocking the sale price down.