265 Seeking more power

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nitro94, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Hey,
    Quick disclaimer before I start. I know I would be better off speaking to a reputable tuner who knows meganes but I’m curious to know what peoples experiences/results are

I’m wanting to get a little more out of my 265. My main question is, how much power can you have whilst still keeping the car quiet.
    It’s fair to say my neighbours are not a fan of noisy cars and motorbikes (ask me how I know ;P). I have already had my resonator deleted which give some spectacular pops and bangs in sport mode whilst driving but remains relatively quiet when driving in a sensible manor and very importantly doesn't drone.

I’m in a position where I can afford to start upgrading intercoolers, turbos, injectors etc to support power gains, my only worry here is with my exhaust.
    Obviously the more fuel/air that you out into the engine, the greater the exhaust needs are going to be to enable to engine to breathe. What id like to know is what’s a safe limit for the stock exhaust system or, alternatively if there is an aftermarket system that will be at a similar sound level.

Ideally I’m seeking a safe 300-310bhp tune in a car that’s will be used as a daily and occasionally for work.
    I would be interested to hear of what mods people have done, their power figures and how noisy their car is.

2. You won’t generally need to upgrade injectors or turbos on the MK3 RS for 300-310hp. Mines an RS250 with upgraded intercooler, induction kit, 3 inch cat back and mapped to the sports button. Bang in the middle of the figures you wanted @ 306hp/345ftlb The exhaust only gets louder if you hammer it around, driving normally just sounds a little bit deeper to standard really!

3. Thanks for the reply. Didn’t realise how capable the stock package is.
    I’ve read that the stock intake isn’t too bad. Do you think I could manage these gains on an upgraded intercooler alone or would I need induction/exhaust to support this?

4. It varies from car to car, with just a map mine was dyno’d at 293hp so the other bolt ons gave the extra 13hp I think the stock cooler is capable of getting 300 odd but heat soaks quite quickly

5. With only a Ktec intake and catback, my Meg made 310bhp at Engine Dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The standard airbox with a quality air filter inside, is capable of flowing enough air to get you to 350bhp, with the correct supporting mods, plus you won't be drawing in alot of hot air from the top of the engine bay, which is where some aftermarket filters sit.