225 Secondary Water Pump

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by AlexGSi2000, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Just a quick question in regards to the secondary water pump.
    When I purchased the car last year, I distinctly remember hearing it running - it only dawned yesterday that I hadnt heard it in a while.
    Weather was warm yesterday, I went into boost around 30 seconds before shutting the engine off (to see if boost within a certain time frame triggered the secondary water pump) - nothing.

I had the car remapped a few months ago - do you think that it may have been "mapped out"?

Will check through the fuses/connections later.

2. I would seriously doubt that its been mapped out? who mapped it?

3. Thats what im thinking - need to take a better look later to be honest, was just wondering if anyone knew any common issues with it.
    The map I have on at the moment was done by EvoChips.
    I tend not to go into boost for a few minutes before turning off - but would like the extra cooling to work as it should.

4. it could be as simple as unplugged. Stick clip or rstuner on it and it will say

5. never even knew it had a 2nd waterpump:confused:

6. ditto !

7. Apparently an electric one ! :smile:

8. Yes, its an electric waterpump located to the right of the engine below the battery box (on my 225) - The purpose is to continue circulating coolant for around 5 minutes after turning the engine off, it helps further cool the turbo down.

9. Just tested mine with the RS Tuner... at least I know its working now :smile: