Seb's Megane R26 - #2233

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by SebSwainR26, Jan 8, 2014.

1. There we go, as above!

2. Haha fair enough ... looks like he done a good job as always. Dave if you ever fancy a long drive too machine mine you're more than welcome :tongueout:

3. Haha guessing your not close to north Yorkshire then. Thanks mate. Loads easier to keep looking like this with the right protection and regular maintainance.

Dave

4. No mate I'm in the Midlands ... not too far :tongueout: I know it's just a maintenance wash but the gloss has really come back, top job :thumbup:

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

That looks stunning! I love black cars once they have been properly clean!

6. Thanks mate! Dave always does a top job!

7. Few pics from the weekend just gone, me and Dave headed down to Blyton Park on the Saturday to give the cars a good track session they deserved!

All was going well until I noticed oil dripping from the gearbox/driveshaft area...... Thought the worse as always but gave Mark Black a ring, headed quickly to his and he sorted me a new driveshaft seal which turned out to be the problem as it had been ripped to shreds! Big thanks to him for sorting it so quickly which meant I managed to get back mid-afternoon to smash a few more laps in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments welcome :smile:

8. Looks sweet seb. Any more track days planned this year?

9. Nice shots Seb, car looked great in the flesh on Saturday and good to meet you. Glad to hear you managed to get some more track time after your dash over to Mark's.

10. Cheers mate! Hopefully yes, do need new discs and pads all round before I do book the next one though!

Thanks buddy! Good to meet you too mate, yeah managed to get back to Blyton for around 3ish so had a couple of hours to get some laps in! Glad the car got fixed most importantly!

How was the drive back for you? Bet it feels brand new again after Mark worked his magic? Hope the neighbours are enjoying the exhaust as much as you!!

11. What suspension u on seb car looks low in them pics

12. Haha your not wrong mate I'm awaiting the asbo in the post. It's brilliant I love it, on full throttle it sounds epic. That coupled with the cook sports and the refreshed suspension have given the car a new lease of life. Just need to book a slot at rstuning to fit and map the injectors and she'll be finished and ready for 2014 track time at long last!

13. Just Cooksports mate, but when you're giving it some on track in the corners and with weight transferring side to side over the car it looks lower than it actually is.

Good, good! Sounds like you've got it all planned out well and should be a quick, quick car once RS Tuning have finished with it, but your not wrong, on track is the place to be!!

14. Ahh i see i have cooksports but mine doesnt look that low must be cornering as you say

15. Will.

And you've only just fitted them :wink:

Looks good mate. Too job on mark managing to fix you up in time for more action in the afternoon!

16. Looking good seb. Was a good day all things considered just a shame about you loosing a bit of track time but at least mark fixed it pronto.

One day we'll have an incident free trackday!

17. U saying it will get lower ?

18. Will.

Not really. Not a noticeable amount anyway.

Stick some bricks in the boot if you want it to be lower.

19. Cheers bud! Yeah worked another wonder did Mark, huge thanks to him!

Cheers Dave!

Yeah I enjoyed it, good little track is Blyton. Shame about losing track time but the main thing is I got the car fixed!

Hahaha, hopefully mate!!!

If you've only just had them fitted, they still might settle and lower it a little bit more over the next couple of days :smile:

20. Its low enough for me was just wondering

21. Todays purchases:

Cazan Racing 330mm discs,
    Performance Friction Compound 07 pads,
    1.5 litres Motul RBF 660 brake fluid.

Good way to spend £750+!!!!

22. I want to see them fitted.
    :smiley:

Ps, what is the minimal wheel size now that will clear the calipers?

23. The standard 18 will still fit.

24. I'll upload some pics ASAP once fitted!

And not exactly sure what the smallest size wheel is, but the discs can be fitted to the Clio's and they run 17" wheels so......

25. Good work seb. You'll love the pads once you heat cycle them. Make sure you clean the wheels straight after though as brake dust is brutal to begin with!

Dave

26. Hopefully mate!

They sound like wise words from experience so I'll make sure they stay clean!

27. Bed them in on the way to mine and ill be ready with the iron x!

28. Well, ALL of the stopping power has arrived, can't wait to get it all fitted!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Looks good seb u not fitting braided lines ?

30. Cheers!

Already got a set of HEL braided lines fitted mate, did them at Christmas. :smile:

31. Aha I'd love to do this the brakes on mine feel crap for what I would expect I expected a lot more when I first jumped on them I've got updated grooved disc and ds2500 pads as well

32. As above, I have DS2500s and i'm really disappointed. I might look into carbon pads myself.

33. They are ok but not the throw u through the windscreen effectI expected from brembos

34. Not been on in a while, but, I did manage to get round to fitting the discs and pads and I have to say what an amazing difference! Not got any pics as of yet but will post some ASAP.

It it was my 21st last month aswell and as a birthday present my parents bought me a personalised number plate......

[​IMG]

Absolutely love it!

35. So I've not updated in a while due to being away with work. I arrived home and thought I spend a bit of money on the car.

Whilst I was away I got the car serviced in August along with taxing the car for the year. Insurance was due in October so paid that off for the year too.

After that was sorted I decided to buy a set of BC Racing coilovers as I know a couple of people who have got them and the reviews back up the good things I've heard.

[​IMG]

So I took a trip to Mark's and as he does best got them fitted in no time at all!

Afterwards I booked the car in to a well-known motorsport/track garage in York called Track Torque Racing. They corner weighted the car, set up all the geometry/ride height including camber/caster etc. and tracking sorted so its perfectly balanced and straight. Before they start they check all the suspension to make sure there's no broken/worn parts etc that will or need replacing before hand. I found out I needed a new drop link, track-rod end, and both wishbone bushes were slightly perished. As a result I had them all replaced and uprated the bushes with the ones K-Tec.

Here's the end result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the car mechanically run sweet I wanted to squeeze in one trackday before the end of the year so yesterday me and a mate headed up to Croft.

Had been to watch the BTCC there twice before but had never driven it, but now i ask myself WHY?! An awesome track with straights, a hairpin, a chicane and even some S bends so a good test for the car all round.

The morning started and it was overcast and the track was a little greasy but within an hour it had all dried up and the lap times got quicker and quicker! I'm currently running road tyres on the standard wheel and was a good chance to destroy them completely before next year sticking some semi-slicks on.

On to the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Being hunted down by a Cayman S!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Speedline now don't make the Turini's in gold anymore I've ordered a set of K-Tec's Evo Corse wheels and a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports for them.

That's it for now, will update when wheels are fitted.

Cheers.

36. cracking pictures Seb! car looks ace sat down low and it definatly pays to get the BC's properly set up. track torque really know there stuff.

cant wait to see the new wheels on

Dave

37. Looks well but sort that exhaust out, it's miles out at the rear mate

38. There's speed lines in gold on ktecs website btw

39. Fantastic mate... How did the coilz change the driving over cooksports?

40. Plate looks ace pal