Sealant

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by JP27, May 15, 2018.

1. Hello, i have myself a Megane RS250 and have purchased the side skirt extensions from Maxton Design, following the instructions it states i need to partially glue the skirts on, what would people recommend i use to do this? I am looking for some form of sealant that is obviously very strong and durable however will not take the paint of if i ever decide to remove them? Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Sicaflex/tiger seal/polyurethane would be what i would use. Wouldnt trust anything else to hold as well.

3. I stuck the front lip back on my r26 using tiger seal.
    The stuff is awesome........and evil in equal measure!!

I doubt you’re going to be able to stick it on with anything that will be strong enough to hold, yet possible to remove without damaging the paint though.

However, if you don’t want it to come off, I’d recommend tiger seal.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  4. Okay thank you, feel as though i should mention it does actually come with about 10 self-tapping screws for each side, its just i want to do it well and right, and don't want the potential worry in the back of my mind!

5. Used about 5 to 6 self tappers to hold my Renault side skirts on my R26. Seemed the easiest solution especially since I had no intention of removing them. Did use some silicon sealant round the screw holes as a water barrier. Tiger seal is great stuff though - just support the sills while it cures if you use that.