Scotland Road Trip October 2014 (Photo heavy)

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Oli, Nov 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Oli

Oli

I thought 2014 was going to be road trip free; fortunately that changed. In September I booked 2 weeks off work for October and got planning. This year’s destination would be Scotland. The aim was to enjoy driving some fantastic roads whilst taking the beautiful scenery.

My Nan lives in Lochearnhead, so the plan was to drive up, spend a few nights at hers, head all the way up the west coast, pop over to the other coast to see my best mate who moved to Aberdeen, head to back to my Nan’s for another night, then finally to head back home to Cornwall via some friends in Leeds.

I had high expectations and I can happily say they were exceeded. The roads were fantastic (and so very quiet), the scenery stunning and, luckily for us, the weather kind (90% of the time we were on dry roads).

Below I have added links to Google maps for the roads we travelled each day (upon leaving my Nan’s) and some photos from each of day. I hope you enjoy them.

13/10/14, Day 1: Lochearnhead to Skye

https://goo.gl/maps/6tQaa

Scotland20141of86-1.jpg
    Scotland20142of86-1.jpg
    Scotland20144of86-1.jpg
    Scotland20148of86.jpg
    Scotland201411of86.jpg
    Scotland201414of86.jpg
    Scotland201415of86-1.jpg

Day 2: Skye

https://goo.gl/maps/SvVEu

Scotland201416of86.jpg
    Scotland201417of86-1.jpg
    Scotland201418of86.jpg
    Scotland201421of86.jpg
    Scotland201425of86.jpg
    Scotland201427of86.jpg
    Scotland201434of86.jpg
    Scotland201435of86.jpg

(Continues in next post)...

2. Oli

Oli

3. Stunning pictures mate :smile:

4. Cracking pictures! That's some drive too! Your megane lowered?

5. That looks like a great trip. Some beautiful scenery and great pictures!

6. Oli

Oli

Thanks. My megane is on H&R springs (plus a reasonably loaded boot and a passenger).

7. Wow, unreal photos!

how is the remap...wheres the graph!

8. Those photos are great!
    Bet the trip hom from Leeds was fun.

Have you lowered it?

9. Awesome pictures. What camera set-up are you using?

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Cracking photos, I think you may have passed me at some point up near Fort William?

11. Seams like an expensive trip lol, some great photos there, always say to myself I need to drive up north but never do it :confused:

12. Great thread and pictures mate.

Did it take much persuasion to to leave your passenger behind for the pic of the car on the curved bridge?

Car looks ace by the way.

13. Oli

Oli

Thanks. Here is the graph...

[​IMG]

You can feel the extra torque across the whole range, especially up to the limiter where the power is now sustained a lot better.

I have a Canon 7D and several lenses (mainly used my 10-22 or 24-105). A lot of these photos were also taken using various ND graduated filters.

We would have been going through Fort William on Monday 13th October around midday. We popped into the Morrisons there and also grabbed some fuel further up the road at the Gleaner station. We didn't notice another Renaultsport Megane but I was focussing on locating the supermarket or fuel station.

Do it! We covered about 2250 miles in total but 1200 miles of that was from Cornwall to my Nan's and back. So you'd be looking at half the fuel costs :wink:

The passenger is my girlfriend. I handed her the keys whilst I climbed up to the spot to take the photo. I don't think she minded!

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Maybe not you then as it was on the road that i passed a OG Megane in mine

15. Wow brilliant photos!

16. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Those photos are amazing!!!!! Megane looks good too. Looks at home on those awesome Scottish roads.

17. Wow, amazing sceneries!

18. Such great pics

19. Cracking scenerey! Must've been one hell of a road trip!

20. thats true scotland for ya! awesome car in the best colour :smile: covered quite a few miles there!

21. Looks a great trip!

22. Like others have said, Wow amazing pics my 250 is the same colour as yours and looks amazing in the photos.

I've wanted to tour round Scotland for a while now but never got around to it, I'm definitely getting it sorted for next year now.

23. This trip looks awesome! The pics you've take are amazing too, can't stop looking at them! Getting me even more excited for my mini European road trip next year :smile: