Scorpion rs240 down pipe (decat)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by not normal dan, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Well just thought I'd check me bits seeing as I'm gonna get to work on Saturday and noticed that I....

A) Have no gaskets for the new 3 inch downpipe (decat) supplied with the RS 240 exhaust

And that...

B) The threaded holes in the down pipe (decat) where it joins are m6 by looks of it and the holes in the link/centre pipe are much bigger!

Anyone clear this up before I ring Whybee and scorpion

2. You have to get the gaskets yourself but I've never bought a system where gaskets are supplied.

3. They aren't going to be a perfect fit. They are slightly bigger to help fit it easier.

4. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

You can get the gaskets from Adam / Renault Wolves... around £3 each from memory.

I believe the down pipe holes are slightly larger to aide fitment and give slight movement if needed.

5. So the standard ones ok to use?

Last system that requires a gasket was my old oreca 172 system and that came with one tbh

Well that's buggered the job up, doubt I'll manage to get them before Saturday now tbh

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Although, I did re-use my old ones.... just with a smear of silicone sealer around them.

7. That's what's gonna be going down lol