Scorpion Decat

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by james157, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Well spent 5 hours fitting this today, 1 hour was on one stupid bolt from the cat to exhaust:mad:.

I'm so glad i did though it sounds amazing now plenty of pops and bangs from the ktec exhaust.

Spins the wheels like mad now, think i will be needing to fit a lsd very soon.

Heres the pictures cos i couldnt find any of a scorpion decat.

[​IMG]

Treated it to some heat wrap I had in my shed from a previous car.

[​IMG]

Obviously the side by side comparison.

[​IMG]

Just like to say Thanks to RMS225 for the bargain.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. It's a pleasure mate. Looks nice wrapped over. Did you do it on a ramp or axle stands. I'm doing this next year.

3. Just on axle stands. Well just one on the drivers side so I had time to stick a rag into the gearbox before the oil came out when I pulled the drive shaft out.

4. So wasn't to bad to do then. Any pointers? And what bolt gave you issues. I'm also fitting a bypass pipe before my sports cat. Lol

5. Not as bad as I was expecting. The awkward bolt was rounded by the person who fitted the exhaust. It was easy enough to get to just a pain to move it. Luckily it wasn't the top one or I would of had to drop the rear subframe.

Its a bit tight pulling the cat out would of been easier with an extra pair of hands to help. Apart from that its straight forward.

6. You probably already know but you will need a C shaped 13mm spanner for the back bolt cat to turbo.