Scorpion customer service (lack of)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by harpo, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Ordered a Scorp 3inch non res cat back two weeks ago and was told it was in stock and would get it in a couple of days........just over a week later I phoned up and told 'we're waiting for a middle piece but you'll definitely have it middle of next week'
    Rang today and 'ooooh no still not despatched, don't know why they told you that, still waiting for the middle bit, will be in by next Monday and hopefully with you by middle of next week'
    What a Fekin shambles..............and this when you can buy the exhaust £50 cheaper from the online distributors rather than Scorpion direct!
    Is it me?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Why buy direct if you can get it cheaper?

3. Try road runner on nutall road in Nottingham sure their a dealer for them and quite helpfull

4. Cancel it and get the cheaper one?

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Just cancel the order and go to a cheaper place.

6. In my experience Scorpion customer service is very good. You can always just cancel the order.

7. What made you go for the scorpion over the miltek or Ktec? Just curious.

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Price probably, Cheaper and sounds the best IMO.

9. Best sound really

10. Think I'll be going for a midbox chop and supersprint back box at some point in the future.

11. It's arrived finally.....fitting on Friday woo hoo!

12. Get some videos up mate?

13. It was a real bstd getting the old one off. The front of the pipe is fitted to the Cat with studs which are screwed into the cat. One came out fairly easily after some judicious use of the 'hot spanner' and wd40 but the other two weren't having any of it!
    One sheared off leaving enough to get a stud extractor on it afterwards and the last one sheared off flush with the cat flange. Attempts to drill it out proved impossible and burned 3 drill bits .....the drill has to be at arms length etc.......finally sawing a cut in the flange into the hole still containing the stud and then heating til cherry red followed by a good clouting with a long punch and a hefty hammer popped the stud out.
    Fixing the new 'zorst on was a piece of cake by comparison. I used bolts going through the cat flange and putting nuts on the portion of thread poking through to the front (this way there will be some clean threads under the nut shout I ever want to decat ) . Fair play to Scorpion too for their precise angles and mounting positions.......I was expecting some fettling to be needed but it was spot on.
    I've got the non res cat back and there are fewer pops and bangs than the standard with the Middle box delete, but it's more growly/rumbly in a nice way, when accelerating hard it really sounds louder but for every day use its not that radically different.
    All in all well pleased
    Wouldn't fancy doing it without a ramp though!!! Well in my view it would be impossible without a ramp if you encounter the stubborn studs