250 Scorpion cat back

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nathrs250, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Installed a Scorpion cat back system on my car tonight. What an absolute nightmare!!!

First problem I had was the studs that are in the cat came out when taking the front section on, this made it a nightmare putting the new piece back on because of the gasket and having to hold it.

All was going well until I put the piece on that goes over the rear section only to find it was about 4 inches away from its bracket! I couldn't believe it! I ended up cutting one of the ends of the center section to make it fit. Not sure if this is just a generic part?

Then I had a nightmare trying to get the back box on and in the end I couldn't get it centred!! Really frustrating! Going to take it to a garage for them to sort that!

It's only saving grace is that it sounds excellent! And I throughly enjoyed the drive home!

I do a lot of stuff to my own car but I wish I'd paid someone to do this for me!

2. Sounds a nightmare which one you get res or non

3. It was! Luckily one of the lads from work was good enough to help me out and hold stuff for me. Ended up buying the non res. glad I did now, don't thin it would have sound that much different to the oem system with the res.

4. Thats what im after where you get it from nath

5. I bought it from demon tweeks. Paid 460 including delivery. I ordered it last Thursday and it was delivered by 8:30 the following morning. It's excellent quality, shame the centre section needed cutting, it would have been perfect other wise.

6. I had exactly the same problem with mine, my center section was 3-4 too long too! I couldn't get mine centered either so took it to the scorpion factory in derby, they managed to center it but it's still not right, the back box hits the chassis when going over big bumps, it's been back 3 times now! I'm not happy with the fitment of it but it sounds good!

7. I am hoping the clearance is fine and I never notices and rattling on the way home, so I'm hoping it fits right. It wouldn't bother me so much not being centred but I think it's resting on the trim. Luckily there is a heat shield there so it should be fine until I get it sorted.

8. Do You get plenty pops and bangs

9. More than the standard. Was getting some nice little pops on the up shift. Was grinning like a Cheshire cat

10. This is why I settled for the back box chop in the end, so easy to install and more or less sounds the same as a full system.

11. Pretty sure mine fitted perfectly without needing to be chopped. The garage said it was amoungst the easiest aftermarket system they had fitted?

12. There was no way in the world it was going on without cutting it. It's on now and fits good, other that the exit not being quite central so I'm happy!

13. Sounds like they sent you old stock mate, the first ones were known for being too long, the newer ones are a better fit

14. Probably been sat on demon tweeks shelves for ages!

15. You happy with it then??

16. Very. The sound is excellent, has a really quality sound d to it. Was worried that it would sound loud and chavy.

17. I ordered from demon tweeks too on saturday and they called me saying its not in stock and will have to wait approx 1 week, looks like you took last one and a bad one!

18. Glad you like it after my recommendation. It gets better as you put the miles on too :wink:

19. When I spoke to the guy on the phone he said it was the last one on the shelf. It wasn't really a bad one, just centre pipe being to long that let it down. But that was easily sorted.

20. Yeah and a good recommendation it was to! Many thanks!

21. Nothin wrong with them mate, it was just a design error on the originals, mine was the same, the garage I use for all my motors fitted it and said they cut 2" off the length. The newer system has the tail pipe painted black I believe

22. The tail pipe is black, maybe I've just been unlucky. Fits well now, just need to get the tail pipe centred to the trim on the diffuser.

23. Ah well there you go must be the newer system, mine wasn't painted (fitted two years ago now) perhaps your Megane is 2" shorter :smiley:

24. The lads at work were winding me up saying it was a cut and shut!! :smiley:

25. Ah yours is that one then lol, I've got my mid box chopped so plenty of pops and bangs but fancy this system gets quite good reviews.
    you will have to get a video up

26. Will try get on up tomorrow. Should have done a before and after really.

27. Mine was a pain in the arse to get fitting right as well.

Took it back to the garage a few times. Had to cut the centre down, and the rear section kept knocking on the metal insert in the diffuser. Used a powerflex bush on the last mount and moved it about a bit. Fits perfect now and sounds great. Only issue is that it can knock on the chassis over big bumps.

28. Think mine needs to get looked at. Its not knocking at the moment but like yours it is ocasionally rattling against the heat shield that sits in the diffuser. Once i get that sorted it will be perfect!!

29. This mount helped -

[​IMG]

It doesn't knock on the heat shield anymore. Which was incredibly annoying. Only knocks on big bumps now, I can live with that.

30. Just had the exhaust fitted guy said it was beautiful fit.

31. Any reviews on its sound? Is there any benefit to fitting a full 3 inch system?

32. I love mine. It has a very deep sound to it. Cracks and pops nicely on the over run

33. Does it actually sound that vastly different to the OEM system? youtube videos are in general crap for stuff like this as I can't tell any difference to a stock one...

34. Definitely sounds different to oem. You can hear the exhaust even on idle, and when you boot it you can really tell. Good thing is it isn't to intrusive when your on the motorway.

35. Thats what i though it but its really different in person

36. I'd love to know anyone who has heard both the scorpion and a back box chop setup. I'm trying to talk myself into swapping my rear box delete pipe for a full system...