Scary one

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by chumaxa, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Ok yesterday my brother took his megane out, the car was in limp mode with engine light, with apparently no rev limiter, so he came back and went again to see what was going on, and that time he smelled some oil, and when he stopped he saw the top of the engine covered with oil, from the dump valve apparently ..
    So this morning he wanted to read the default codes and start it to see, but the car struggle, and he had to apply 1300 rev, otherwise the car would stall ...

We had a look on the car before christmas for those weird acceleration problem (engine struggle when shifting up on hard acceleration), but could not see any problem on the renault computer, the car was limiting itself on some hard acceleration, by closing the trottle body..

Megane (r25) stage 1, KN cone filter / 265bhp

Attached Files:

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

take the top hose of the turbo and see if theres oil there

3. Hmmm, I would be getting the compression checked. Still learning the Renault common issues, but from my focus RS days those symptoms would indicate piston ringlands failing or something in that area of the engine. Pressure building up in the wrong area of the engine causes oil to be fired out of places it shouldn't be.

4. There is oil in the big metalic pipe to the turbo, is it that one matt e ? I guess we could check the compression, but everything was fine on the full check up by renault ... 16196898_10211340365962038_760393194_o.jpg