Scan gauge. Fitting

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by rg230r26, Jul 30, 2013.

1. For the guys who have fitted there scangauge in the upper radio display position, have you got any photos on how you installed it and which pod have you used as my car s a p2 version.

rich

2. Will need to be modded mate and some form of plate to hold it in "if" you want a tidy job
    2cgn1tt.jpg

3. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

ha4ubaza.jpg

Here's mine

4. Dan

Dan

Scan gauge?

whats it for?

5. It reads information from the ecu via the obd port on the car. You can get things like intake temps, voltage, throttle position as well as basics like speed and rpm. Also doubles up as a fault code reader.

6. Daz

Daz

When did you get the wheel Mark? looks great!

7. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

It's been in a couple of months, feels better than standard

8. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I would love to get my standard wheel retrimmed in something nice but I hate the circle with the square indents in the center of it.

9. Daz

Daz

Cool, I like it! Is it a Snappy special?

10. Markblack@MRS

Markblack@MRS RSM Trader

Yeah
    He did my gear knob and surround aswell, I have a steering wheel people can use if any one wants one doing

11. When you fit the scangauge do you just have to remove the display or is there anything behind which needs to be removed to

Rich

12. Just unclip the display and leave the wire there. Lots of room there

13. Thank you very much

Rich

14. Is the display a separate part from the seat belt warning light or is it a complete unit

Rich

15. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

I was goin to get one of these and fashion something to sit it in the slot below the cd player.

16. Is displays it but there two different parts

17. You can actually disconnect the clock from the seat belt warning light unit and then glue/tape the scangauge to the warning unit fascia. This will reassemble quite nicely and you can then keep the warning facility if you so wanted.

18. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

I've mounted mine below the CD player.

[​IMG]

19. Thanks for everyone's help much appreciated

Rich

20. Dan

Dan

I've just ordered one, and was thinking about putting it as above.

Where does it plug into and is it hard to run the wire?

21. TimR26

It's easy to fit. I removed the tray and drilled a hole in it so the cable could be plugged into back of the Scanguage. To route the cable I removed the panel in passenger footwell, fed one end up to the Scanguage then the other end between carpet and centre console to OBD port. The excess cable was cable tied up and tucked out of the way behind the panel.

22. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Wheres cheapest place to get an actual scangauge?

23. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

eBay. £120 iirc

24. Yup, eBay

25. TimR26

26. the top covers, the front one lifts up does the rear one slide forward with it aswell

27. Yes, it is just held in with clips as well, they are screwed together so you can disconnect them if you want as there is no need to disturb the one nearest the window. iirc

28. thanks mate much appricated

rich

29. which way is it best to run the cable to the top of the dash i have contacted it to the obd2 port and i have got the cable through to the bottom of the dash

rich

30. Ideally you need to take the whole centre dash off, . From the clock unit down. You can then thread the cable from the obd port, behind the gear knob centre console, behind the radio centre piece and then behind the dash vents to the clock. It's a bit of a ball ache but you only need to do it once.

31. The radio fascia is held in with four screws I think, two at the top at the insides of the din aperture and two at the bottom behind the removable panel and some mighty clips you need to tug at. The dash vents are four screws again I think.

32. yeah correct, when you got the screws out just pull hard then they come off fine

33. thanks keiron

rich

34. Any problems drop me a line and I'll check on mine, I'll post a picture of how mine went in. You can see that I've managed to keep the seatbelt warning module.

Attached Files:

35. that photo looks like mine

regards

rich

36. Daz

Daz

I do love these things - It's just a shame I'd lose my outside temp - not a big deal I know but I like it all the same!

37. Which functions do people have displayed on there scangauges and in which positions

Rich

38. HI there

Sorry to bring back the dead but I’m new to the forum

How do you ppl connect the scanguage to the obd2 ?

I’ve tried connecting mine and it stays connecting all the time It wount connect to the car

Which settings do you guys use for the protocol

Thanx in advance

39. Not much help, but I just plugged mine in and it worked.

40. Thanx for reply

I’ve just fitted mine again and nothing
    All it dose is stay connected ting and nothing I’ve tried all setting mode protocol slow fast and nothing stay connecting and nothing’s happens

But it was working in my other car befor removeing ‍♂️