225 Satnav remove/upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by paul_sbt, Aug 11, 2013.

1. I've got the factory fitted satnav with cd changer in the boot. The iso connector is also in the boot, i was wondering if someone ever removed the system and relead (if that's even an English word lol) the iso connector to the front of the car where every 'normal' Megane has it?
    Or did anyone did an upgrade on the satnav system such as a amp or something like that?

2. Did no one ever really changed anyting to it??

3. Daz

Daz

Not many people actually have it!

4. i have it but my 6cd is built in

5. I have the same setup as you, cd changer built in in the dash and the radio itself located in the boot. Problem is i want a nice radio in the dash but the iso connector is located in the boot that's the problem

6. Not worth doing, the interior loom is completely different.

7. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

they still do updates for the 225 shatnav?

8. mine is all in the dash radio and cd and sat nav

9. Satnav? In a 225? Wtf, that's not on my spreadsheet, must be about 4 in existence with satnav fitted!

10. ha ha its got me out of trouble a few times but I need a newer disc now as it thinks some motorways still have roundabouts

11. i had this same problem not with built in sat nav tho, the first owner of the 225 had the optional alpine upgrade so the receiver was in the boot and the disc changer in the head unit, i had to get a full new ignition rewire, extend the aerial and loom from the boot to behind the head unit, and fit new iso connecters just so i could upgrade the unit ! cost me £150 to get it rewired and that was on the "cheap" from my mate plus the cost of the headunit so think is it worth it before you do it i didnt realise but the code for my original headunit had come away so had to buy a new one !

How the original looked

nZPIRk7l.jpg

Boot

KBX16Mcl.jpg

AQj2gpZl.jpg

Original Iso Connecters

iXmLKkrl.jpg

Finished

7gVIkwXl.jpg

4Ept5pdl.jpg

12. Thanks Mike, exactly the answer i was looking for! Guess it ain't worth the hassle then. I'll sell The 225 and get me a facelift without satnav ;-)