250 Sat Nav - "system not configured"

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by artois7, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Hi all,

Any idea what would cause the sat nav on the 250 model to suddenly display "System not configured - connect diagnostic equipment"?

Dealer has said it will need a replacement unit of which there is no stock in the country currently.

2. [​IMG]

Been poking around with ddt4all and have found this but wasn't able to get any more information. Can anyone offer any help?

Attached Files:

3. Scrap that. I found the guide online to swap the pin outs of the obd connector to enable the can-2 multimedia bus.

I need to find ecu files for the following ECUs (error copied from DDT4all), can anyone help:

Found ECU [Navigation] (no relevant ECU file found) :smiley:IAGVERSION [68] SUPPLIER [329] SOFT [363A] VERSION [4B3D]

Found ECU [C Box] (no relevant ECU file found) :smiley:IAGVERSION [4] SUPPLIER [BT2] SOFT [022A] VERSION [022A]

4. Using "NFA V0.6", I found the VIN and Checksum values were missing. You can find these from most other ECUs in the car. I was able to write these back and restore the Sat Nav's functionality.

Unfortunately it appears to have wiped my acoustic parameters, which seems to be a much bigger problem, so if anyone reads this, make sure you back up your acoustic parameters before you mess around with DDT.

5. This is now resolved - A very helpful person online was able to generate the full audio configuration for my car, including acoustic parameters. Using a modified OBDlink SX, I was able to write the missing acoustic parameters and restore sound in my car.

I may do a write up on this soon as I found very little information on this issue online.

6. I don't have the issue you have, but given the potential damage I could do with DDT4ALL, could you point me in the right direction to a forum etc. that could provide advice on its use please?

My 275 has stop/start and the battery is past its best, so I've got a new battery to install and having had a look in the software there are numerous parameters and settings regarding this system. The original battery was EFB but the new one is AGM; there is a setting to account for this but I'd like to check if there are any other parameters that need altering as well.

7. Unfortunately there is almost no information out there regarding this tool, especially on these cars. Most of the information I managed to find was translating Russian and French Renault sites.

The battery will be on the "standard" can bus so you should be OK with any ELM327 based OBD adaptor.

My advice for DDT is do not enable expert mode until you are absolutely sure what you are going to write. You won't do any damage by browsing. Whatever you do, don't ever click any of the reset - soft options for any ECU.