Sandwich Plate Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Stu, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Stu

Stu

I am looking at fitting an Oil Temperature Gauge soon, and I need to get a sandwich plate to go between the oil filter and block so that the sensor can be screwed in.

What I want to know is, are there any recommended brands of sandwich plate? Or do they all do the same thing and there isn't much difference?

If anyone has any links to point me in the right direction then that would be great!

I've heard that Mocal make some decent Oil Coolers and other bits and pieces, are they someone who you'd recommend?

Is there anything specific I need to look for when choosing one?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. We deal with Mishimoto who produce a sandwich plate.

[​IMG]
    The Oil Filter Sandwich Plate Adapters are made with 3 NPT ports to allow you to install an oil temperature sensor, oil pressure sensor, and/or a turbo oil feed if required. This easy-to-install plate eliminates the need to drill into your block by using the mounting point on your engine oil filter. Two adapters are included with purchase for fitments with multiple applications.

Its worth noting that when installing sandwich plates, lines, oil-coolers, etc. ensure you check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before installing and operating the vehicle. Its recommended that you check all connections the first few miles after installation, to inspect for leaks.

OVERALL SIZE 2.8" x 3.0" x 0.8"

PURCHASE INCLUDES
    (1) Oil Plate Sandwich Adapter with (3) 1/8" NPT Ports
    (1) Large O-ring
    (2) Sandwich Plate Adapters (1 x M20 x 1.5" & 1x 3/4" UNF 16)
    (2) Black Flush Fittings w/ Allen Key Bolt
    (1) Allen Key
    (1) Hex Head Fitting
    Installation Guide
    Limited Lifetime Warranty
    Mishimoto sticker

These are £55 delivered. Not the cheapest on the market but thats refelcted in the fantastic quality.

3. I have a mocal oil cooler and a cheapo sandwich plate on mine. Has been on for around 7k no issues with leaking or anything.

4. Stu

Stu

Do you have a link MJ57?

I've seen some on eBay for around £15, but I'm afraid they might be cheap for a reason.

5. Is necessary a sandwich plate for oil temp/pressure? Are not present standard sensor for to use a 52mm gauge? Mine is a 225 F1

6. There is a thread on the site that covers fitting an oil cooler and it has a link to a sandwich plate. I got one but not fitted yet. It seems very well made and cheap too...20 quid I think. I will take a couple of pics when I get home if it helps

7. So, the plate is necessary! I'll buy it soon...I thought there were sensors to connect the gauges! Thank you very much ; )

8. here are some pics of the one i picked up last week

9. 20170913_232445.jpg 20170913_232532.jpg 20170913_232537.jpg 20170913_232517.jpg 20170913_232613.jpg I am no expert but seems well made

Zappo_RS likes this.
  10. here we go from ebay...if it helps matey

upload_2017-9-14_7-31-2.png

Zappo_RS likes this.
  11. Anyone got pics of the oil cooler core fitted to the cars? Where are they located and what size? I have the ITG filter on my 250 and I'm not sure where I could mount one!