250 Rubbing noise when tight turn

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by malc, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

I've just changed the gearbox oil from a motul FF LSD 75w90 to a Fuchs 75w80 as the shift was way heavy with the motul. After the change, a rubbing/ groaning sound has developed when I turn left/right when the oil is cold. The noise does disappear after the car has warmed up. The noise also does not present itself in neutral or coasting with the gear in through turns, only when in gear and clutch released.

I've changed my transmission mounts and about to change my GB oil again to a castrol. It's not easy to get the OEM oil even from the dealers in where I'm located.

Just wanted to check if anyone has experienced this and what could be the causes before I start swopping out everything!

2. Here's an update. I had the the GB oil changed to Shell 75w80 and it did not help. Had replaced my lower ball joints as there were knackered and that also did not not.

Would this be an LSD issue? The WS mentioned that it was a problem with my final drive which I find it a little hard to believe. Any has any ideas?