250 RSTuning Remote Mapping

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dd_osterman, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Anyone used this service?

It's a bit of a drive to any of the tuners for me so I'm looking at the remote options.

I'm not chasing huge numbers and would actually prefer to err on the safe side, say 310bhp / 300lbft. Can this be achieved remotely (I know I won't have an accurate power figure without the dyno)?

2. I would go for a drive, live map is still best option even when not chasing numbers, as on a rolling road they will be able to see the health of your engine and any underlying problems that you might not realise you have, that could massively shorten the life of your engine

3. Yeah, I know it's the best option, but I'm really not looking to drive unless I absolutely have to. It's six hours in the car and a whole day for me which causes all kinds of issues with childcare etc.

4. Where do you live? If you are down south there are other options

5. North Norfolk. Famously at least 2hrs drive from literally anything of any size.

6. What about Engine Dynamics? Looks like a few people have used them and they're not that far from me....

7. Would 110% use them, they are very good

8. I used a tuning box years ago from RS tuning.

I downloaded my car map sent it to them & they sent back & I loaded.

Was happy with result & was able to remove when I came to sell the car.

9. Hmmm, I've been at the man maths and might well be taking a trip to ED for a map and an IC....

Mikeyjp likes this.
  10. Now a good time to mention I am running a groupbuy at RSTuning and will get you at least £50 off the map? I bet if we asked nicely we might be able to get a map / I/C Deal...

11. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

id'e stick with engine dynamics

12. Tempting but RSTuning is quite a bit further for me to get there and back in a day...

13. You can chose your time on the Dyno and the £50 ( at least ) can go towards a hotel if needed?

Your call fella, do what’s best for you.

dd_osterman likes this.
  14. Which car do you have???

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

15. Get off your arse and "Do the drive" mate!!! RS Tuning all the way! You won't regret it!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

engine killer likes this.
  16. RS250, and it's looking like ED.... just need to sort a date.