RST Remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Bossko, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hi all,

Looking to remap my 250. Was going to get a K&N panel filter but I read that the megane original is good enough and I would not have any power gains. Plus would the same be true of a stainless exhaust. Could I get the map first and then the minor mods after. If I'm wrong what extra bhp would a panel filter and exhaust give with map. Or what bhp would a standard 250 get after an RST map.

Plus what stainless exhaust gives the best power gains..

Cheers.

2. Standard with map mostly get around 300hp

3. Filter and exhaust will give you, at the very most, 5bhp and you'll never feel that. Keep the std filter, take out centre silencer and then do a remap.

4. I was told standard filter is fine (assuming it is clean), and exhaust might give a couple of more bhp but not necessary to get close to the 300bhp mark.

5. Changing out the downpipe to catless or with the 200cel sports cat is giving you some more power tho.

6. Cheers for the advice.

Will the centre pipe make any difference to the bhp after remap. And does it affect the engine warning lights and MOT. And finally do you need to have it cut out or can you simple buy a replacement pipe and where from?

Thanks