RS265 Shakes while in idle

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Joseph Chen, Sep 6, 2016.

1. HI there
    I have owned my RS265 since June 2012 and in the past weeks I started to feel the car shaking when standing idle.
    Connected "Torque " Android application to my OBD in order to analyze the numbers.
    I remember that before I had this issue, my idle RPM was about 800 and now it is lower (Something between 720-760)
    When I turn on the air-condition, the rpm rises a bit so the shakes go away. The same happens when I switch in to Sport Mode, thus increasing the RPM to above 1000 when idle, no shakes at all.
    Went to the garage, and looked for air leakages but couldn't find any.
    We exploited the fact that there was another rs250 in the garage and exchanged the following parts with it, one by one in order to find the cause:
    Coils
    Plugs
    Throttle
    Fuel Injectors
    We also found that three engine mounts were torn, so we exchanged those as well with new ones
    we also found out that my car had a crack on the hose coming out of the catalytic converter and exchanged the whole catalytic converter with a new one.
    We also exchanged the map sensor and the lambda sensor with the ones which were on the other car, but still, even after all the work done on the car, it still shakes in idle.
    I have noticed that the "Vacuum" gauge using the Torque application, shows me 0.4 in/Hg, and I remember that before, about two months ago it was around 20.5 , I even have a screenshot of it in my mobile phone. Another fact is when I lift off the throttle when driving. the Vacuum shows me 0.0 as if there is atmospheric pressure inside the motor. When comparing the numbers with another friend with an RS265, he also does not reach 20.5 in/Hg but still has a value of 1.5 when lifting off and his car is just fine, so I'm not sure what the values should be.
    Has anyone ever experienced this kind of problem?????
    Can anyone write down there Vacuum, idle RPM, values?
    Thank you in advance, Joseph

Attached Files:

• 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      119.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      114 KB
      Views:
  2. at idle is shaking fast like fizz or slower like unbalanced wheel type shake

3. I'm not sure, but seems like fast. At first, thought it was the mounts. The vibration occurs according to the motor's revs. But when I raise my revs, even to 800 RPM, it goes away completely.

4. Sorry fella and hope I'm wrong, but from your description could well be DMF has come apart. What's milage on vehicle ?

5. The car has done 42,000 Miles
    I think that if the flywheel had come apart, I would have felt it in higher revs as well wouldn't I?
    When lifting the revs either by turning on the air-con or by switching to Sport mode, the vibrations go away.
    I have noticed though, that my Vacuum is very low when lifting off the throttle. When the car is in a steady state, the vacuum is about 24 Mbar only, and I remember that before, The RS Monitor used to show me about 650mbar. On Friday, I dismantled the Map Sensor and installed a mechanical Vacuum Gauge instead and saw that the Vacuum is really650 mBar but somehow, the car’s ECU, reads a much lower value.
    The next stage, shall be, swapping the map sensor with another friend who ownes the same car in order to diagnose whether the cause for all my problem is the map sensor, or maybe another electronic device on the way to the ECU.

Nigelo likes this.
  6. Possible vacuum leak somewhere? Is it still boosting the same?

7. Oddly with a separated DMF the vibrations only at idle. You can drive ok Am guessing no rattle can be headed also which is another trait of split DMF. Question. At idle with door wide open does whole door vibrate up and down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk