250 RS250 Exhaust Valve guides

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Chawkie, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Anyone got a part number for the correct exhaust valve guide for a Meg 3RS.

The valve is slightly different than the 2RS and also the 3RS intake, they're 5.5mm diameter where as the exhaust is 5.97mm diameter and hence a different guide

Can't find an OEM part number or a suitable aftermarket one.

Had a great chat with Pure Motorsport this morning who gave me a possible option (they run 5.96mm valves in their big valve heads) but requires a different valve stem oil seal too.

Any guidance?

2. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

any news about this? seems there are only 5.5mm valve guides on the market ....

3. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

4. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

so , measured the valve guides and the aprox. dimensions are (2016 MK3)

inlet: 5.5mm / 41.5 length

inlet.JPG

exhaust: 6mm / 43.5mm lenght

exh.JPG

both external diameters should be 11.07mm

5. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

Just get them honed out, take the head to an engineering shop with the valves, they will sort it, if new guides are being fitted, they will also have to grind the seat to make sure there square, they should then take off the same amount they cut off of the stem, to keep the hydraulic lifter gap the same.

autronix likes this.
  6. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

many thanks again. but 630 injectors I assume are mandatory.

as for the valve guides I found that the exhaust ones are similar (or must be) with the 2.0cdi ,

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/freccia/7878430

on the other hand I saw that pure motorsport have an uprated oil pump. that looks identical to an 1.9cdi (F9Q) oil pump.
    (I have an Meg 1.9 cdi and I know the engine). I wonder if this pump will have better volume , it will be a nice upgrade is oil cooler mounted ...

many thanks

7. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

.... sorry but this was ment to be an private message , by mistake was posted here. please apologise , I can`t edit now ....

8. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

No, Siemens 630cc injectors aren't mandatory, there are better injectors out there now, Bosch do some, there better than the 630's and cheaper.

Not sure about the Dci guides, not stripped mine that far, it just keeps getting thrashed and doesn't break, maybe there is something in that :laughing::laughing:

I was told that the DCi oil pump will fit, but it needs a bit of a modification, not sure what that is, maybe it's something to look at in the future, although my 250 will be stripped again at some point

autronix likes this.
  9. autronix

autronix RSM Club Member

many many thanks Ian!

so , I confirm that FRECCIA G11523 are the right exhaust valve guides. got them today , measured and tested with valve seals , all ok.

IMG_20231101_124005899.jpg

IMG_20231101_124010456.jpg

IMG_20231101_124029770.jpg

ianplymouth likes this.