R26 RS250 engine swap into R26 - fuel pump

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ewant81, Jul 22, 2016.

1. I am in the process of swapping in a RS250 engine into my R26. I am retaining the R26 ECU, loom but using the RS250 inlet manifold, fuel rail & injectors, and throttle body.

The question I have is regarding the fuel pump. In the RS250 I understand that there is a rising rate fuel pressure, rising from 3 bar to 5 bar. The R26 has a constant fuel pressure of 3 bar.

If I want to take advantage of the rising rate fuel pressure in my R26, I think I will need to fit the RS250 fuel pump. But is it possible to take advantage of the RS250 rising rate fuelling system with the R26 ecu and loom?

@James are you making use of the RS250 fuel pump?

2. Yes it's possible and i think Paul will know how. Would be surprised if he doesn't!

Just leave the vacuum port on the rising rate fpr unplugged till you get the car mapped, that way it will run a continous 3,5bar

3. Thanks, will give Paul a call on Monday and ask him. If I can take advantage of the better fuel system I will, it has to be safer for the engine.

Will update this after I speak to Paul