RS250 Engine Oil Change

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by sonyboy, May 4, 2015.

1. Hi Guys

I've ran a couple of searches and can't seem to locate a guide on how to change the engine oil in the rs250, does anyone know if it exist? THanks.

2. No such guide that I've seen but it's pretty simple.

Remove under tray (7x bolts, 10mm). Remove drain plug (square key, 8mm I think). Drain oil. Remove oil filter - located towards front of engine, above a water hose. You will find it easier with a filter removal tool. Grab new filter & use a dab of old oil to moisten the rubber seal. Re-fit new filter. Hand tight. Re-fit sump plug with new washer. Fill will fresh oil (5W/40), using approx 5.4 litres checking for level after 5 litres. Clean up as you go along. Run for a bit, top up as required. Re-fit under tray.

If you have access to a 4 post lift or similar, it takes less than 30 mins.

Job jobbed.

3. Morning Chris

Thank you for your detailed reply, hope you have a great week!

4. No problem. I forgot to add, check for leaks before re-fitting the under tray.

5. Hi Chris

I forgot to ask, do you know which sump plug washer will fit? Thanks.

6. Lol, slight omission @ when removing the filter you're gonna tip loads of oil all down your arm, down the engine, all over the water pipe and securing clip, flood the chassis cross member that holds the oil forever unless you mop it up and finally copious amount oil all over floor. The drain plug alloy washer is purpose designed to crush on tightening to create a seal and should be sourced from correct outlets Renault or similar and tightened correctly.

7. Have you thought of siphoning oil from dipstick? There is pumps that are designed for it. Never tried it myself. Would be less hassle.

8. Hi Bobsan, do you know where I can buy a sump plug washer? I can't seem to locate one online.

9. Any renault dealer! Will only cost a couple of quid at most!