RS250 development

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by RobC, Aug 9, 2016.

1. OK guys, it's been 4 weeks since RE60 ZNZ first rolled onto my drive and so far it has had the wheel centre caps replaced, new white Brembo calliper stickers applied, lots of pampering....oh and a 300bhp / 342lbft remap courtesy of Paul at RS Tuning.
    I have a few questions on where to go next...new springs to lower it slightly onto the 18's, but which ones? I don't want to spoil the ride or handling but would like it to sit a little lower to close that gap up.
    Exhaust- mid box chop or new system? It would be nice to have a little more growl, but not a loud shouting look at me effect
    Remove the Megane badge on the hatch or not? Easy to do?
    Sound system- SHOCKING! How do I improve that?
    I guess that'll do for now haha! Any help or advice would be really appreciated
    Cheers, Rob.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

cooksports have released springs for the mk3
    you can get a rear backbox delete pipe i think
    to remove the the badge use dental floss then glue and tar remover

Attached Files:

RobC likes this.
  3. Thanks Matt, I'll look at them....great looking car in the picture...yours?

4. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

nah was on the cooksport facebook page

RobC likes this.
  5. I've just picked mine up and debadged it the first day! Just use dental floss then you can pick the sticky residue off with you fingers then a light polish with some cut at the end. Agree the sound system is shocking but I'm hoping once my exhaust is fitted it will make me forget that!

RobC likes this.
  6. Great, I was worried about finding something horrible under the letters that I couldn't fix haha! Maybe the exhaust is the best fix for the sound system then :-)

7. Have a search through the forum, it's all been covered a few times. It's all down to preference but for most, the mid box chop (circa £60 at any exhaust shop) is the best option. Its certainly an improvement and mine pops n bangs plenty, and that's on a standard car. I imagine with a decat it'll sound epic.

Springs - H&R's, Eibachs or Cooksports. The H&R's will give you the biggest drop.

M E G A N E is easily removed from tailgate. Lightly heat the letters and remove with dental floss.

Stereo is woeful but doesn't really bother me tbh.