rs250 clutch

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by stubob, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Good evening ,
    can someone shed a light on this for me , I'm getting a very small amount of judder on pull off , its also random and I'm guessing its clutch/ flywheel related ??? any body else had this ?
    i have done bit of rooting around for a decent thread on a 250 clutch and all the relevant info but nothing has quite ticked all the boxes !

if it is the clutch etc on its way can you convert it to smf??
    also is there an uprated clutch i could purchase?
    is there anything recommended to do while the box is out ?
    and finally has anyone got a ball park costings for the job.

any advise would be appreciated :smile:

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

£700-800 for a replacement clutch kit with labour, I have a SMF but i wouldn't recommend them tbh, Make a hell of a lot of noise, Sounds broken and doesn't offer any really noticeable gains TBH.

Wouldn't bother with an uprated clutch unless your going for big power/torque. Stock clutch can take 380+lbs ft

First thing i would check would be your lower gearbox mount though, If this is well worn it can cause the judder

3. Cheers for the reply :smile: ,
    i had the lower gearbox mount replaced a few months back so i can tick that off the list . I think ill avoid the smf then lol the only reason i asked is because from what can read up on the r26 seems to have good response from the r26r clutch and smf so i just wondered if there was anything for the 250. ill also leave the uprated clutch then as at best ill go stage 1 , i certainly won't be going higher !
    where would you recommend getting the parts from ?
    noob questions i no !! :smile:

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Diamond Motors will do it for £750 inc a new DMF IIRC.

If you are doing it yourself i would get the parts from Ads @ Renault as he gets us parts at trade or at least with a healthy discount.

5. i spoke to diamond today strangely enough , just got to book in , going to get engine mounts replaced while I'm at it i think ! ill drop ads a message and see what he can do , thanks again jamie :smile:

6. Let us know how you get on, if you notice any difference. Wanting to get mine done and they seem top of my list of places to take it atm.

Been put off the SMF by Jamie and can't even find any uprated ones. Paul @ RStuning said to me the helix kit doesn't fit with the oem DMF so.....

7. Years ago but how was this resolved or any new experience of this.

I have a RS 250 with the same issue..Judder when lifting off the clutch in 1st into 2nd at slow speed.