RS250 Clutch options.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by -Jamie-, Sep 13, 2013.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Clutch is slipping slightly on my RS250, What options do i have to replace it with and what sort of prices are we talking?

2. Helix is one option but I'm not sure on the price for a 250. I paid £870 from engine dynamics for the Helix kit I've got in my 225.

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Wow, pricey

4. Clutch going on a 250 ! Wow same as the old megs then

5. That was cheap too.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Why so pricey, What came with it?

Its over twice the price of any other Helix clutch :blush:

7. Single mass flywheel, Uprated pressure plate & organic clutch.

Dunno how they came up with the price.

8. Thats cheap for the product imo. Renault std parts will be more

9. Id go for the Helix Jamie you'll probably need to wait a while on it.

What power and torque is your car putting out ?

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Fair enough, I thought it was just a clutch plate but I see you need to use their flywheel as well

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just to update this for any other RS250 owners looking for options,

New OEM clutch is £125 + vat (£150 inc vat and surcharge)

Slave Cylinder is 94.74 + vat (113.69 inc)

I will be going for another OEM clutch as its much, much cheaper and will cope with the power im running, If i was going bigger turn/hybrid then i would consider a Helix but this should do me, Plus its cheap enough if it does go again i havnt lost loads of money

12. No flywheel? Should do it, its usually the flywheel thats first to go anyway. Prob 500 for one, so basically same price as helix. Id go helix if you are mapped and tracking alot, especially with semi slicks on

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nope, shall just be doing the clutch.

Trackdays arn't that hard on clutches tbf, Its more launching that kills them, Look at all the other mapped cars that are regularly tracked and are fine with the stock item, Im just unlucky as usual with cars.

Tempted just to punt it next year even sooner than i had planned now tbh, Been issue after issue with it recently and have spent a fair amount just getting it ready for Spa on 3 weeks :worried:

14. Its the megs flywheels that usually go, not the clutch thats all im saying.

Seems silly but just my opinion. If you do the clutch and a week later the fly goes youve gotta pay all that labour again!

on another note, take some vids of eau rouge!

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Fair enough, I'll see what the garage say when its out. Will still be going for OEM regardless though