RS250 Circuit car...OZ

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Peter, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Hello there, my name is Peter from Newcastle, Australia. I've bought a 2011 Megane RS250 for the sole purpose of circuit racing the car. It has 12,000 km's on the clock, a perfect low mileage example. So far the car has been semi-stripped, full custom rollcage built and single racing seat added.
    I ran the car in it's first event at Wakefield Park, as is, completely standard and did 250 hard km's and it ran beautifully. A little brake fade as the standard fluid boiled after prolonged abuse, otherwise....awesome.
    Next...racing fluid and brake pads, semi slicks and ready to go.
    Here are some pics : 20160823_114652.jpg
    20160823_114923.jpg 20160823_114640.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    NinjaDog and Semtax like this.
  2. Welcome,
    Just wait till Higgins' project is completed, no more travelling to Sydney & beyond.
    You can see the track layout already from the MGCCN existing hillclimb track, looks great.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4055124/raceway-project-gears-up/
    If your interested in doing some local small circuit tarmac events (hillclimb/khanacross/rallysprint) in the meantime just let me know & i'll pass on the details.
    Car looks good.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    -Jamie- likes this.
  3. Thank you TargaRS,
    Looking forward to the new circuit at the Terrace, has been a long time coming. My intention, like you, is to run the car in Targa Tasmania/High Country in the future. I've run Targa Tasmania in an RX7, Evo 6 and R34 Skyline in the past. Your machine is a great bit of kit straight out of the box.

4. Small world, ive been competing in rallys/sprints/climbs etc in my RS200 for the past 5 years, Evo & STi' etc for years prior to that. Shame that Mt Bullah has been canned it was a great value event but will be at High Country again next year though hopefully in the 275R this time. I'm the rally co-ordinator for MGCC & CAMS scrutineer if your keen on doing some local practice anytime.

5. Thanks mate, I'll take you up on that offer :-)

6. 20160926_103033.jpg 20160926_103101.jpg

A couple of more pics of the rollcage.

7. Mattara is on at Ringwood Saturday & Sunday now that King Edward Park has closed.
    Still a few spots open if your keen for a run or just spectate if your so inclined.
    Will be in Clio both days so be sure to come over & say g'day if you make it.
    http://www.mgcarclub.com.au/