Rs250 blown up

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jaime Rawson, Feb 17, 2018.

1. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

It will be worth a call to the finance company,they have a vested interest in the car, as until it's paid for it in theory it still belongs to them.

how long ago did you buy the car ???

2. Hi Ian never thought of contacting the finance company. Just did and because I've only had the car 6 months today, they are getting the vehicle quality team involved to try and get the garage I bought it from to fix it.
    So it's out of my hands now so fingers crossed

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Mikeyjp likes this.
  3. They're like hens teeth unfortunately. I had to get mine from a breakers from a rear end accident damaged car. I then reconditioned it for peace of mind.

Best suggestions I can say... Keep an eye on ebay and the car parts for sale section on here, and also put requests out on the Renault breakers websites. If you put a request in they sometimes come back with something.

Jaime Rawson likes this.
  4. Yeah that's what I'm going to do mate if all else fails. Just leaving it with the finance company now to fight it out with the dealership.

5. ianplymouth

That's great news Jamie, i had a problem years ago with a brand new car, had it 5 months and had so many faults that they weren't interested in fixing, got to the end of my tether with them, so as a last option i phoned the finance company what to do, (as the last thing you want to do is stop paying the finance) they took it over and a couple of days later told me to take the car back to the dealer and the finance company sorted it out, no more car and no more payments. :sunglasses:

I have a r26 block and a set of 250 con rods if you are interested:laughing::laughing:

6. Haha how much do the R26 blocks go for? Just bought a 06 225 for £1.5k as a run around until whatever gets done with the 250

7. ianplymouth

I can do the bare block and 4 250 rods for £350 plus post

8. Would need 250 pistons for the rods to work [emoji106]

9. ianplymouth

Ha ha ha i have 3 of them as well and one that needs a bit of a polish, just thought the OP would still have those left in the cylinders.

ewant81 likes this.
  10. Good point, although I might be tempted to replace the one that the rod disappeared out the block!

11. ianplymouth

It would all depend on the state of the internals it might be fine, then again it might not be, in that case i have a piston as well :laughing::laughing::laughing:

ewant81 likes this.
  12. That's good to know, just waiting for the finance company to get back in touch, pick up the 225 next so thinking of rebuilding the engine and turning it into a track car once my 250 is sorted

ianplymouth likes this.