RS240 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Sean2165, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Looking at buying a scorpion rs240 exhaust off their website but not sure on which one to get from the different options. Has anyone had any problems with having a de cat exhaust and having an mot? Or has one got a different or could recommend one that isn't a de cat. First time I've ever wanted to swap things on a car so opinions and views or points are appreciated.

2. I still wonder how many MOT testers will even notice if a cat has been removed or moved (if they didn't do the emissions test)?

In the case of fitting a sports cat replacement, I doubt they would even be able to tell. So a sports cat should still pass unless the MOT guy has memorised every exhaust system!

For me a complete decat is pretty dangerous, and I wasn't convinced the exhaust sound was any good.

3. A lot of people have already said this to me but I can guarentee the place I end up taking it to will notice and won't pass it!

like I said I'm quite new to this and haven't yet made my mind up but I know I do want to change it for the sound as I dont think they sound great standard. I was looking at getting their 6 piece cat back system then I could de cat later on if I chose to.

4. Even if he didn't notice it won't pass the emissions test which is mandatory.

I have the rs240 with straight through centre and decat and tried it on the emissions tester and there was no way in hell it was passing

5. With a sports cat though it should pass emissions

6. The exhaust will be visually checked and checked on the gas analyser during an MOT so every MOT tester should notice it's an aftermarket system because it looks and sounds totally different All that matters is that it's secure and passes the emissions test. Doesn't matter if that cat has moved provided it still has one.

If you go decat just find a friendly tester.

7. Depends on how anal the MOT tester is, you have to have an oem cat in the original place for it to officially pass, although I'm unsure if any MOT tester would fail it if the cat was moved?