RS225 F1 in Germany

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Jukidam, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Hey i drive a RS225 F1 RHD in Germany. Its a Awesome Car but it take a few nerves because it burns holes in 2 Valves and now its still not driving because a wiring issue or something with the UPC.

Here a some Pics of the Car:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

The RS have following Mods:
    HR suspension
    big Intercooler
    bigger Intercooler piping
    Milltek middle and back end pipe
    Ktec Cat 3Inch
    Ecu tune but I will change that later

And here Some Pics of the Valves and Piston, but i already Fix that and it have good Compression.

4.jpg 5.jpg 65.jpg

I think this happend because the Injector failed. After this shocking pictures you maybe want to Clean them, Its a 10 Minutes Job to get them Out :tongueclosed:

After all the Car is Running good but its smoking. And now its running on 3 Zylinder.
    I change the Injector but its still not running good, My DS150 (OBD-Tool) Tells me DF624, the Ecu cant communicate with the UPC. I will try to fix that and hope if i cant find a Wiring Diagram maybe that someone here have One.
    But for that i will make an another thread.

at last i want to say, I know my English is not the best and if you want, feel free to correct me. I'm trying my best to write clear and without mistakes.

Thank Y'all for reading and i wish you a nice Day.

2. Hi Juki
    Did you replace that piston, if not that is more than likely your problem, if the top of the piston is like that, it would have tracked down the sides into the piston rings.
    It looks like oil has gotten into the combustion chamber from the damage to the piston, so now the valves are done that's more than likely why its smoking.
    I have never seen valves go like that, did you have the head pressure tested while it was off ???, it could have also been a bad spark plug that caused the damage.

Normally it's number one cylinder (nearest the gearbox) that has issues, especially if it's been mapped, that due to the lack of fuel to the injector.

Generic code readers don't really work on the Renaults, best to find someone with Renault Clip test kit, that will give you a better answer.
    Having a decat and a free flowing exhaust will allow more air through the system so a higher chance the engines been running lean.
    Don't touch the wiring yet until you have had the ecu read properly, the only thing that might be a problem is the earth wire under the fuse box, it's in a stupid position and can get wet and then rusty.

Hope this helps
    Ian

3. Hey

Thank you a lot for your answer, no the piston is still the same. But I tested the compression and it tells me 9-10 bar.

The head got professional renewed includes the head pressure was also tested and everything are like new.

Is at this QR code at the injector the IMA code or for what is it?.

I have a 200cell cat and 2,75 inch piping.

I doesn't think the piston is the reason of all this, because the car war smoking, yes but was in need to drive It for work and it goes very well. But after the 3 days now it I got this wiring problem or what ever it cause

Greets

_____

I forgot to write, you're maybe right, the spark was also defect at this zylinder a pice was burned or fall apart of the mass contact
    Screenshot_20191030_223531_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

4. Sorry but that piston really needs changing, i would bet that 90% of your problems.

Compression might be good cold, but when it warms up things move/change, you'll find that the piston ring/s are stuck into the piston groves.

5. Mhm that would be really bad news,

You maybe have a idea how I could test this without removing everything?

6. No not really, i have seen pistons with track marks down the side of the piston, it burnt right through the piston rings.
    Is the plug oily on that cylinder, if there is oil being burnt it will also contaminate the cat and the O2 sensors

7. I can check it with a endoscope cam and get the sensor out. The new spark was full covered with Benzin.

Mhmm I will first try to fix this issue:
    Screenshot_20191031_005118_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

You write above something about the QR, is this the specific code for each injector which needs to get programmed?

And another thing, you know a good and cheap shop for megane 2 Rs engine parts? In Germany such parts are really expensive