Rs tuning remote remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jmb, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Jmb

Jmb

Has anyone used a rs tuning remote stage 1 remap? It’s for my standard r26. I live 4 hours away from rs so exploring other options. I live in the south near Brighton and there doesn’t seem to be any tuners this way that can map anything other than a golf or a focus

cheers

2. Tex

Tex

I recently used engine dynamics which is probably a lot closer for you. Highly recommend Andy. He is in Colchester and did an amazing job on my RS250

3. Jmb

Jmb

That’s interesting. Looks like a 2 hour drive. I’ve heard mixed reviews on ktec which is again around 2 hours each way. I was interested in the rs remote map as I’m thinking it can be removed by me if I start having problems, clutch slip etc it’s a long way to go if anything goes wrong is my only concern

4. Distance out, I always recommend you a custom map. Every car is a world, and a remote map can go great in an engine and not in other, wearing the same upgrades. Always worth the distance, the time and the fuel.

5. Jmb

Jmb

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I think a trip to engine dynamics is the way to go

6. Tex

Tex

Yup exactly, peace of mind knowing that it was all done on a dyno with constant AFR monitoring, data logging etc. Happy to know it is running 100% too (misfires, boost, etc.). Andy was very specific about all of this.

E-A and manugtt like this.
  7. used RSTuner's stage 1 a few years back, perfectly ok. after my 2nd stage mods (forged internal, hybrid turbo, cams.....) a custom remote map from RSTuner again, perfectly fine again. finding a nice and quiet long stretch and time was difficult but worth it because i could not afford to send my car to him for mapping (well over 6,000miles away)

8. Tex

Tex

I wonder, for those getting remote tunes I assume no changes to the turbo/wastegate actuator are physically made then?