RS Tuning remote mapping box

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by R26 meg, May 5, 2014.

1. Hi all , just a quick question for you. Would the RS Tuning remote mapping box loaded with stage 1 mapping that has already been used on a r26 meg be able to be re used to load on another car the same . Or is it a one time use only ? Thanks .

2. 1 time use it's logged to the car otherwise everyone would be sharing maps , buy 1 box then go round mapping other cars for £50

3. Ok thanks for that, it's just because there is one for sale on EBay at the moment .

4. Be carefully , more than likely you'll have to send it to Paul at RS tuning for a stage 1 map to be loaded on to it, im sure the boxes,are £200 to buy new so you may still get a bargain £80 ish I'd say mate

5. Better too get a new one then me thinks , thank's anyway .

6. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

as long as the box has been used to return the old users car to std the box should be fine to use again, it's if the box still thinks the old car is mapped that you can't use it again easily iirc.

7. the licence itself is tied into the VIN so you'd need a new licence for your car £80 then also the map another £80 (least thats what henk told me when i enquired about a 2nd user box :smile: )
    tbh that box on ebay is priced too high IMHO, there was a pro box that went on here for £80

8. Anyone tried copying the ecu's using EPROM chip burner I've not tried obd2 cars but I've successfully copied obd1 car ecu onto another. Would save a lot of money if we could duplicate maps or do the tuners encrypt them

9. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

that's the rstuner box not rs tuning as per title unless it is actually an rstuner box the op is after???

10. It's the rstuner box that's on eBay :wink: