RS Tuning Remapped but no result figures

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Scotty M, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Ive owned my R26 for three years, not knowing what the power gains were after it was remapped by RS tuning the last owner had no print out given from the previous owner who had the work carried out,yeah i know what a joke.
    So what do you guys reckon the results could be these are the mods: a Large Alloy pro intercooler Cold feed to Air box with Sponage Panel filter TGI. Silicone inlet pipes Lighten flywheel,3inc Miltec with Decat Exhaust system with back box ?????????????????????? i was told 285BHP

2. Stock injectors or 630cc?

You could always drop RS Tuning an email and ask if they've still got the details on file.

3. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Paul usually keeps most things saved, so should be able to contact him for the info.

4. Hi yes i sent Paul a email and he said the map was carried out using the RS Tuner box plug and play i do have the tuner box would the results be kept on that do you think? thank you for your reply

5. I'd say 285ish is about right with those mods mate

6. If you're still running stock injectors then I'd say 260-270 max. If you're running 630s then 285 could be possible with your mods.

Why not just go for a power run somewhere to see what it's running?

TBH, if it was me I'd look at getting the map checked and if required tweaked if I didn't know much about how it was mapped. I had similar when I bought my R26. It was mapped by a previous owner at Ktec, and it came with a couple of dyno graphs. As I intend on using mine in track and wanted to be sure the map was safe I booked up at EFI Parts for Chris to give it a once over. The Ktec map gave good headline figures 290/320 @ 19.5psi, however the actual map itself was quite poor. The power delivery wasn't smooth and the fueling was quite rich high up the rev range. Chris did his magic and mapped it sooo much better. Figures now are 297/307 @ 18psi and the power delivery is a million times better.

Before and after graphs:

IMG-20180414-WA0003.jpg

DSC_0097.JPG

JJZ and imprezaworks like this.
  7. If it's been tuned by a plug&play box, it's not been on a dyno so there are no results to save - because there aren't any.

You can guess and it's fun, but getting on a dyno isn't expensive if your curious.