Rs tuning group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nunez20, May 7, 2015.

1. What car you got odinson?

2. Downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, Bov and ktec map...Paul just got her on the dyno now

3. 30+ minutes early that's good, hope its the same tomorrow for me, keep us posted how it goes. What bhp you hoping for 320+ I guess

4. Pictures!!!!!

5. It's so annoying how much power the MK3 gets in comparison with MK2 and same mods. Could cry!

6. Put a 250 turbo on yours. My 225 got 295 bhp at 1 bar, does have all the usual mods too.

7. I have all the usual mods on mate

8. I'm on standard internals though

9. 312bhp atm still some work to do he said and hopefully trying a filter on her too, Paul said the difference under the graph is crazy and I'll seriously notice a difference low down

10. Same here but haven't had a problem at 1.4 bar yet. For me cooling is the key.
    The clutch is still holding fine also.

11. thats good to know about your clutch. im waiting for mine to give up next lol. hopefully got a while to go on that basis.

12. Yeah that is good on standard clutch. I'm getting some money to one side for the clutch and flywheel but until it packs in it isn't getting replaced

13. Made 312bhp 350lbs torque but made about 150lbs of torque more at 2500rpm

14. Wow you'll definitely feel the difference. Them torque figures are crazy!! That's a lot of torque

15. I've got my replacement in the shed as I thought it would of given up by now but knowing my luck it will go when the weather turns to crap so I get wet and cold changing it.

16. Very nice.

What boost pressure are you running?

17. Sod's law that, what's a 250 turbo capability when in hybrid state do you know?

18. Same as a 225 hybrid if specs are the same.

19. 1.6bar I believe

20. Oh is it still a TD04 they use? May as well invest in a hybrid

21. How many miles have you got on your clutch mate?

22. Car is on 90 something but couldn't tell you anything about the clutch.
    I've had it 3 years and it's been mapped ever since and never slipped apart from on rstuning's dyno, typical. Been perfect since so don't know what happened and I'm running more boost.

23. Td04 15 instead of td04 14 Iirc.

24. I'm just up to 46k and on the original clutch so hoping it will be fine, but.....
    Can't wait to have it done, making me even more impatient reading other people's results!

25. If mine is still the original one it can't last much longer.
    Gonna fit an R26 box too when it does eventually go .

26. I'm gonna set my scramble to 1.6 bar. Only once though just to see how it feels then put it back to 1.4 bar.

27. Just hope you find a bargain like Mr Clarke!

28. I already did. Had it in my shed for months.

29. That's some torque, what did the ktec map make on Paul's dyno? Did he mention if they're air/fuel ratio was bad?

30. Have you got this on a printout?

31. How long does he take mapping the car on average ? Can't remember if I've asked or not

32. Car dependent but mine was around 20-30mins iirc

33. Ah, I'll be more than ok then get there at 10 and needed to be away for 1.30 latest. Will post my results tomorrow at some point for my 265

34. How was the drive home?!

35. Blimey, paul must believe in the mk3 engines at 1.6 bar and 350lb, good to know!

36. I think they used to do the mk2 at 320ft lb before a few went pop back in the day.

37. Very very good indeed

38. Good to hear it!
    How much better does it drive?

39. A lot better it feels like a new car, very fast indeed. Also fitted a pipercross filter and now the car sounds mental

40. Cone filter?