Rs tuning group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nunez20, May 7, 2015.

1. I'm there on Wednesday. Is a cone any better than a pipercross panel filter?

2. Get them to run it with both.
    With the bonnet down though when I was there they ran cars with the bonnet up.

3. Do you only get 1 graph readout as I'd want the pub talk graph I.e bonnet up

4. Show your mates the estimated power graph and tell them that's at the wheels.

5. Suppose that's another way to do it lol. Can't wait till Wednesday a good 2 hour jaunt back will be fun

6. I'm interested in this cone, I take it it replaces the box?

7. Yes, it does. Just need a joiner to mate with the intake pipe.

8. Hmmm for £34 can't go wrong, I'll speak to Paul when I'm there on tuesday

9. Ask him while your there how easy it is to fit. I have just had a look & it don`t look like the airbox is coming out unless you remove the battery & gubbins? Also the filter intake dia is 80mm & the intake pipe dia is 69mm, so i`m presuming you need to find some kind of silicone hose reduction joiner/coupler?

10. At the rstuning dyno day I saw someone fit one of these. It slotted over the original intake hose.

11. Il be getting mine before I go up there, I'm guessing its a battery out job just to make it easier :smile: not sure about neck ID sizes of what they supply, I was going to order mine when they get some on the shelf so will ask when I call :smile: but if Rory is going up and pauls happy to compare them that would be great!

12. Can't see why he won't compare them. Surely he would sell more if people could see the gains.

14. I'll be asking on Wednesday and I guess odinson will find out Tuesday hopefully we get the answer we want

15. Piperx cone i/d is 80mm, std airbox inlet that the intake pipe pushes on is 69mm.

16. Yes it did have a silicone hose and they cut a couple of inches off the end so the filter could fit in the gap.

17. How much they charge for it fitted? Does it make a better noise?

18. Ovy

Ovy

I ran a large k&n on mine it reqs removing the battery tray to remove the air box! The induction noise was loud .the heat soak lost me 2hp so it lasted 2 days then removed IMO the standard air box with performance panel filter is best just remove the sound proofing foam from inside the air box for better induction sound with the uprated filter. You only need to remove the air box once running silly power that you can't get air quick enough.
    the cone looks better when you open your bonnet I suppose.

19. As said I'm guessing it needs a cold air feed to really be worth it, think I'll leave it haven't got much time anyway, is anyone there on Wednesday?

20. I spoke to them earlier and they don't think they have the metal pipes in stock for the filters bit will be seeing when I'm there tomorrow

21. With regards to power. My car made 319bhp with no filter fitted. Put the ITG panel back in & ran 309bhp!

22. As in no filter at all? What mods do you have?

23. Ovy

Ovy

when you say no filter do you mean empty air box though?

24. Empty airbox(filter & the bit that sits in removed). Mods are RS tuning 3inch decat, milltek non res catback system, Pro alloy intercooler( previously Airtec), Forge BOV, hotter grade plugs & ITG panel filter(to be replaced by Piperx cone filter).

25. Paul will give you his views on `cold air `to the filter with regards to cone filters, hence he suggested that mine is now being restricted by the airbox( also suggested for when going for a Hybrid turbo).

26. Why did you go hotter grade plugs?

27. I was going to change plugs, & he suggested the hotter grade because of the boost being upped.

28. Be interesting to find out what people end up with. Not every car is the same. Whilst i was there , a lad was there with a Astra VXR hoping to get a certain bhp outcome, but to fall short, & then to be told that the airbox was restrictive as was the intercooler. Just dont be dissapointed if it falls short. As Paul said to the lad, if i didnt tell you the bhp & you drive the car, then you would see an improvement as to how much better it pulls/ drives.

29. Colder plugs are used when boost is raised.

30. I have the 8 grade as opposed to the 7`s, they fitted them.

31. I get confused with my ass & my elbow sometimes.

32. Colder plug, higher heat range. Hotter plug lower heat range. Easily gets confusing.

How did the intercooler perform compared to the Airtec?

33. Airtec made 303bhp, Pro alloy 319bhp, Standard made 311.8bhp.

34. Always hear good things about pro alloy products.
    That's quite a difference compared to the Airtec.

35. i will post the graph that Paul logged for all three at some point. He couldn`t map it the way he wanted with the Airtec, the top end was a struggle( flow). Now its miles better, pulls like a train upto the redline, whereas before you had the wallop of torque & flat as f**k after, wasnt even worth revving to the limiter, as it felt no different at 3500rpm to 6000rpm.

36. Mine has 3" decat downpipe, miltek cat back, ktec intercooler and pipercross panel filter, forge dv and currently running ktec map 291bhp and 320lbs torque but as above I feel the delivery could be much better so I'll see what Paul does with her tomorrow

37. I wont go on about different roller`s/ different figure`s blah blah blah.

38. Don't worry I'm one of those that actually understands whqt a dyno is used for hahaha but I've heard pauls maps are miles better so I'm after the drivability oppose to numbers

39. My issue was that if somebody who knows about mapping & certain cars fitted with certain mods should see xxxbhp, & you end up xxxbhp short & not being able to map it accordingly, then something doesn`t add up.

40. I'll be setting off soon for my booking at 2