Rs tuning group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Nunez20, May 7, 2015.

1. Yeah I imagine so, on another thread on here it took him 20 mins for his car, £400+ for 20 mins is a good income

2. Yeah £300+ for 1/2 hours work doing our remaps ain't bad

3. And you don't even get dirty

4. Not sure if i got the wrong end of the stick but have been told by RS tuning as that this gb is for a map only. As i'm after stage 2 stuff as well, ive been taken off the list.

5. Just spotted in odisons thread he has booked in for the 9th June so it may be the case its the end of June if you can only do weekends

6. Maybe,he just said it will be the end of June,I didn't mention week days or weekends,will have to see

7. I'm booked in :smiley: :smiley:

8. all booked in, initially he said the 10th June, but since I work so close I am leaving it them on the 28th and he will try squeeze it in but will have to wait to see on the day.

Can not wait, only had the car a few weeks and its quick on the back roads so this will make it a beast.

9. Can we ring and book now then? I've been waiting for the go ahead

10. Mines 9th june

11. They don't do weekends so they told me, I'm in on wed 10th June 10am cannot wait

12. Mines the 28th July chaps :smiley:

13. How can you wait that long, i couldnt lucky Im going on holiday 30th-6th so that will take my mind off of it

14. Can we still get in on this or is it closed now?

15. Still on mate the more the better i doubt it but we may even get £150 off if we get 15

16. Will give them a ring tuesday then

17. Burty when you ring ask about if we get 15

18. Will finish, if we get any more off

19. The maximum discount is £100, based on 10 cars. People can still get on the group buy but it won't end up any cheaper.

20. This has been talked about before but I can't for the life of me find the answer so with the 265 does the remap take the power to 300+bhp all of the time or once you press the rs button? Cheers

21. Anyone???

22. No idea. What kinda figs should my r26 get?

23. You have the choice to have it mapped on the button or all the time.

24. Oh brill, the Mrs drives it most of the time so best to keep it 250 and 300 on the button

25. Hopefully getting it done tomorrow, hope it goes well and I get decent gains

26. What car you got Nunez? Be sure to keep us updated :smiley:

27. just got back to work from RS, started with 233 as the baseline but he heard an air leak on the injectors so that needed to be removed and the seal had gone but they just changed it over and put it back together. He did a good 10 runs to try different maps out but ended up with 255 so an 22bhp increase. He did say the fuel (esso's high ron fuel) might have caused an issue as on the print out it flats out at around 5000rpm when it should have kept going.

Not sure what the tourque increase was but will ring and check.

Not had much chance to drive the car but will go the long way home tonight and see how it feels. on the brief spin around the block it pulled much better in the low rpms.

Looking forward to the drive home

this was on a R26 - not sure if 255 is a decent gain or just the norm really, what did other r26's gain?

28. I had my R26 mapped at RST back in February. The car was totally standard apart from a modded airbox and PiperX filter. Started with 231 and finished with 266 after mapping.

29. Sounds good Nunez. Out of interest, what mileage is your car on?

30. looking at the print out, torque looks like 275 up from about 230, not really an exact figure but a guide off the print out

the car is a 2008 with 56k miles

really impressed with the service to be honest, took longer than I had planned and was out of work longer than I wanted to be but he did not charge for the labour to fix the leaking injector and spent a good 30 mins in the car trying different maps. Just looking forward to 5 so I can drive home, well about 520 once I clear leeds traffic.

planning on leaving it like this for awhile then doing a few small other mods, maybe exhaust next not sure whats the next best thing to do really

31. Mines a 57 plate on 51000 miles so hopefully I will see the same gains as you

I'm there next Wednesday.

32. Intercooler / Decat / Injectors / 250 turbo

33. I'm running 3" cat back, induction and intercooler so 260+ I'm hoping for

34. You should be around 280 with all that.

I've got 3" decat, air filter and FMIC and made 277

35. Really? Anything above 270 I'll be happy with to be fair

36. How much does the exhaust add? And the cost?

Had a short trip around the back roads near my house and it pulls so much better in the low revs, even just motorway driving it pulls much better and the added torque helps.

Happy with it overall, ideally would like to get around 270 bhp but will do that over time

37. Without reading back 24 pages... Is this still open?

Edit - looks like it. Mailed the OP...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  38. Booked in for the 13th July. So excited.

39. I'm there on Wednesday. Just a bit excited

40. what time are you there tomorrow? dropping my car off all day to get the exhaust mount fixed might bump into you