Rs Tuner querry

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by imprezaworks, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Coming from the 172/182 the rs tuners made the car idle and go well, or atleast a bit better anyway.

Now have many people used the rs runer on theirs with basic mods?

Now i emailed henk asking the best way forward. His pretty blunt reply was you need to buy new heres a link. Mmm okay.

Ive used the tuner on previous clios before with good affect. So basically, has anyone used one, and can a new (secondhand) tuner work on the megane?.

Thanks.

2. Think a lot of people use the 'fast chip', 'superchip' or 'bluefin' or whatever they're called. I've heard they're not very good for the megane 3 though. I would just go up and pay Paul a vist

3. Okay thanks.

4. Nowt wrong with the fastchip rstuner - worked a dream on my car I used a second hand one with a new license/ map.
    The others I wouldn't touch though have heard they either don't produce the power quoted / run lean etc etc

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

i think DrewG has his done with the RS tuner

6. Genuinely i would say get a live map for piece of mind.. Any reputable mapper that provides you with all the relevant before and after bhp, torque, AFR figures etc.. Should be able to create a solid map for your car.

I'll be taking a trip down to a well known tuner 30 miles down the road from me soon rather than a 600+ mile there and back trip down to RST or equivalent. Just do some research.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  7. Although if you absolutely had to go for a remote map it would be the henk map.. Wouldn't touch superchips/bluefin with a barge pole.

8. Cheers guys. So a second hand tuner can be bought and used? Only ask as Henk gave me the impression I would need to buy new (I appreciate its a business).

in the past I have bought a tuner second hand, paid the license and map fee and jobs a gud un.

anyone have an idea what model of tuner will work. I ask because I bought an origional one for a Clio which Henk does not support. Wouldn't even let me purchase the unlock code.

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

i got the impression you would need one that originally used on a megane,

10. Ah yeah you could be right. Although and I need to look into it. Surely it's just a box so to speak and you buy the relevant map and license to unlock it. I'm probably off the mark but that's what I would 'assume'. Getting a new one with map and license is £250 ish, for a few quid more I could use unicorn in Manchester etc.