250 RS Tuner(fastchip.nl)

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Marin Kuharic, Apr 6, 2017.

1. I am finally going down the route to get to stage one, and does anyibe had any experience with Henk maps?

Standard 250cup + K&N panel filter + downpipe with full custom exhaust only with rear silencer (70mm) and thinkg about intercooler if it is needed?

2. An intecooler and your on a good way for the stage 2. Would be a killer :smile:

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

3. I am still thinking about intercooler, because someine said that you need it, someone that you dont for 300

4. Mine made 315BHP on the standard cooler when mapped by RS tuning. I later fitted a Wagner cooler but never had the map tweaked. Will be getting it tweaked when I have decat and 630 injectors fitted.

5. Did you get the map remotly? That much without decat?

6. No it wasn't a remote map. It was putting out 275BHP before being mapped so I believe it to be quite a strong engine from the factory. I know of a couple of cars that have made 318-320 with just a map though. There seems to be a lot of variation in standard power with these engines though. I also know of some with decat and intercooler making less than 300.

Marin Kuharic likes this.
  7. Henks remote maps are regarded as being quite good on clio 1*2s, maybe not as good as a custom. Not heard many having them done on the mk3 megane rs thou. Think paul at rs tunings uses his units for his remote mapping. Heard henk is hard to get in touch with thou, maybe use rs tuning instead?

8. I was thinking that also, it is a little pricey for me but for good service you always have to pay :smile:

The best way fir doing map ofcourse would be on roling road, but i am far from paul and dont know much tuners around here with some good results with renault

9. Rstuner is fine for a generic stage 1 map, probably better than you can get at any local tuner. For anything more i would contact Paul, he has done alot of cars remotely and knows his stuff.

10. Thanks for advices, will gather a little more information and if i wont find anything smart will be contacting Paul and find some rolling road to test the map :smile:

11. I currently have the fastchip map on my 225 and I regret buying it due to lack of support when ever I've asked technical questions I hardly get a response plus they don't offer stage 2 and I enquired several times regarding release I got no response.

Only time i get responses is when i have an issue with the software on my pc etc
    the other issue is that it locked my ecu so I cant get it tuned by anyone els now.

DOOOOK likes this.
  12. Henk will tell you that "[The tuner] can upload standard win-ols editor binary format through [the tuner's] or your RSTuner interface. If [the tuner] cannot do that he hasn't purchased the Renault checksum modules for his editor. [The tuner] can request us to correct it at zero cost."

But yeah, it seems the 225 is so old now that it no longer enjoys much support particularly if the RSTuner was purchased by the previous owner of the car.

RSTuner locking guide

RSTuner hardware and software has the capability to put another OBD access key onto the ECU. It does not break anything on your ECU, only the access 'pin' code is altered.
    Once the 'pin' code is changed, it will use that 'pin' code from then on and cannot be reversed to the original 'pin' code again.

Q: Does RST always lock my ECU ?
    A: No, it depends on the calibration map send to you by the tuner in question. Standard calibrations and open calibration maps do not lock your ECU.
    We will inform you upfront about this.

Q: Why is my ECU being locked ?
    A:
    1) To prevent accidental overwriting of the performance calibration map through a dealer software update.
    2) To prevent copying by other multi brand (not exclusively Renault) tuning companies and using our work for their own gain at no cost (often the customer is mislead as well by quoting incorrect performance figures, that the car cannot reach due to cooling and fuel quality limitations)
    [A short Dyno shoot-out is not a good representation for real word conditions]

Q: What if I don't want my ECU to be locked ?
    A: Ask if an 'open' calibration is available for your car or use an 'open' calibration map from another source.

Q; What if the ECU is locked and the dealer wants to perform a software update.
    A: Tell him the car has been tuned and that the required software update will be done by yourself with RSTuner equipment. All other computers from the car can be updated by the dealer as usual.

Q: Once my ECU is locked can it be unlocked by putting back the standard calibration map ?
    A: No once it has the other pin code (lock), it stays that way and you have to make use of the RSTuner hardware interface to reprogram the ECU from then on.

Q; My dealer tells me to replace the ECU because they cannot reprogram it.
    A: Request the latest ECU software update through me, program it by using the button 'write ECU' and revisit your dealer.
    There is NEVER a requirement to replace the ECU due to the lock being active.

Q: My local tuner tells me he cannot tune my car due to it being locked.
    A: He can upload standard win-ols editor binary format through his or your RSTuner interface. If he cannot do that he hasn't purchased the Renault checksum modules for his editor. He can request us to correct it at zero cost.

Q: What about factory warranty ?
    A: Any performance calibration applied, will void manufacturer warranty. Even if you do program the standard calibration map back. There are no OBD programming tools that do not leave a detection marker in the ECU. (they usually copy the previous marker, but that trick is old)

Q; What if the ECU is locked and the dealer wants to perform a software update.
    A: Tell him the car has been tuned and that the required software update (oem software provided by us) will be done by yourself with RSTuner equipment. All other computers from the car can be updated by the dealer as usual.

13. I also heard about lack of support,i think i wil go local, Biesse Racing is good choice and near me, roling road included and stage2 for really good price :smile:

14. As I want to use Fastchip's RSTuner to map my Megane II locally, my friend (the local tuner) asked RSTuner a few questions as below:
    - Real time Exhaust lambda control
    - Boost Control e.g. PerGear Boost
    - Fuel and Ignition table
    - Variable Valve timing control
    - Injectors calibrations adjust
    - Datalogging Hz Speed?
    - How long it takes to Flash the Ecu after each adjustment?
    - Operating Voltage on Flashing and Reading ECU?

one simple answer from them "Unfortunately, our software does NOT meet your requirements."

of course I know Paul can do remote mapping but as per my past experience I will be calling him very often as my upgrade path can be very long. this lead me want to do it locally.

Does anyone know any self-programmable device for Renault?

15. Marin, why dont you go to "muha" in ZG, and get a rolling road tune?

16. Going to ljubljana and biesse racing after fitting everything to car :smile:

MilosB likes this.
  17. Anyone know how I get hold of this Henk dude, been leaving him messages through the website and e-mails (info@fastchip.nl) and nothing :worried: . Been a week now, maybe doesn't need my business.

Thanks

18. Wait, rstuning is still offering remote mapping? When i was checking it it seemed they stopped to offer this while ago... i am also far away from UK.

19. Previous post to last one is 2yrs old maxx, so they probably don’t do it now.

20. Ah, sorry, my bad.

21. Where are you from?

22. Czech Republic.

23. Well, if you fancy a little vacation i can map your car in the Netherlands